When will Reliance wake up and start providing good broadband speeds?

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhi21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 6,888
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, aren't you the one who started the anti AFUP campaign, and if my pot and alcohol ridden memory serves me right, didn't you at some stage bemoan the fact that Reliance could not service you? Aha, you have browbeaten Airtel into giving you better service, kudos!

reliance can provide services to me. i am not interested in taking their services.

----------

also. from what i see, airtel does seem to be responding to the protest. the new plans have much more reasonable FUPs.

the basic thing is that all established isp's like airtel , reliance, tata can and easily give the same speeds and fiber pan India at same rates too as beam , BUT the major thing is that all these isps are corporates running different media divisions also, reliance is heavy into movies and t.v , infact reliance has just funded and tied up with Warner for 5 billion USD for 3 or 4 year contract for Hollywood productions, same is with airtel they invest in audio, dth t.v etc plus also into mainstream media , now net is 90% media content legit or otherwise if you have a high speed net say 20/20 and above you don't need a t.v , you hardly go out for movie unless it is really good , streaming services will pick up as soon as good net is here , legit ones too , they are sitting and watching , waiting to burst on the scene, India is huge market for these services , so this is conflict of interest of these companies, BB becomes a division not a company solely based on providing net services , if they create a market and set in place monopolies in market themselves [ a crude of saying it is like price fixing] yes it is similar to price fixing when a bunch of companies set the market themselves and trend out how it plays.then new isps like beam , fivenet and other which are solely into net services get a chance to slowly set a trend , it is is simple economics , market is already here , now all these companies will have to do is create demand which is already happening this will attract fdi's to invest in them forcing the bigger companies to make tough choices , India will soon see better services , it is much delayed already but once you draw 1st blood there is no looking back. edit: also reliance , tata are selling huge amounts b/w to international market , there is no lack of b/w with these companies , tata and reliance are 2 big international players is b/w market .

yeap. it is up to companies like beam and hayai to launch services in competitive markets and beat established players at their own game. once that starts happening, we would see a major change in the attitude of companies like reliance and airtel.

Status
Not open for further replies.