Bharat Berry: Something fishy??

nothing fishy, their servers are in India already ,so govt can snoop on them all they want , where as Nokia and rim servers are abroad, any way they don't understand the tech in case of rim services, the RSA keys are generated on user phone so even if rim gave them real time feed [ which they won't] it won't make a bit of difference to rim users since keys are in phone , try explaining it to Indian govt !!

nothing fishy, their servers are in India already ,so govt can snoop on them all they want , where as Nokia and rim servers are abroad, any way they don't understand the tech in case of rim services, the RSA keys are generated on user phone so even if rim gave them real time feed [ which they won't] it won't make a bit of difference to rim users since keys are in phone , try explaining it to Indian govt !!

When terrorist who communicate on RIM blow up your house then i guess you will agree with govt.

I meant "fishy" as elimination of competition

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

When terrorist who communicate on RIM blow up your house then i guess you will agree with govt.
There are countless ways to hide their data for those who really want to..

What is happening currently is basicallly "security theater" ( Security theater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

I meant "fishy" as elimination of competition

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

There are countless ways to hide their data for those who really want to..

What is happening currently is basicallly "security theater" ( Security theater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Govt cant really keep mum. it has to constantly work on what can be done and not sitting idle

rolf as they if they will using black berry to talk to each other, and if even if did blow up my house , rather die like a free man , then live like coward under 'so called security issues; which are nothing but a means of invading all users privacy . as mehrotra.akash has already pointed out there hundreds of free tools out there which can make it next to impossible for anyone to snoop in , including service providers like gmail or rim , even they can't make out what is being send or received, tell it Indian politicians who are afraid of new technologies and are not not apt to deal with it. ratan tata made the correct statement that they should be investing in r&d instead on pushing back technology any way there is already a thread about this in poli section here , feel free to post there.

rolf as they if they will using black berry to talk to each other, and if even if did blow up my house , rather die like a free man , then live like coward under 'so called security issues; which are nothing but a means of invading all users privacy . as mehrotra.akash has already pointed out there hundreds of free tools out there which can make it next to impossible for anyone to snoop in , including service providers like gmail or rim , even they can't make out what is being send or received, tell it Indian politicians who are afraid of new technologies and are not not apt to deal with it. ratan tata made the correct statement that they should be investing in r&d instead on pushing back technology any way there is already a thread about this in poli section here , feel free to post there.

You should come out of cocoon and face the reality