Beam Fiber Speeds Increased

• Thread starter Thread starter GarfieldDC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 27,348
Sorry, but that is so not true.

I Stand corrected...

Interestingly, the largest cost for our build out comes from not fiber, not equipment, not tools... but right of way/government charges and in some cases, digging/civil works. I expect the same is true for the folks at Beam.
Welcome to India 😛

Welcome to India 😛

Welcome BACK... again!

Though in reality, it's the same in most places. For NZ's new nationwide FTTH network, the major cost differences came from how they dug up the roads/footpaths/etc, not any of the technology used or number of homes passed.

Does Beam use under-ground cable... Atleast from Local distribution centre to customer premises... they have the cables on poles mostly....

Does Beam use under-ground cable... Atleast from Local distribution centre to customer premises... they have the cables on poles mostly....

I saw the same when I was in Hyderabad. But I assume they still need the permission to put those cables on the poles, and that in itself can be a significant cost, as I mentioned.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

As far as I know, they don't use much (if any) underground cabling.

I saw the same when I was in Hyderabad. But I assume they still need the permission to put those cables on the poles, and that in itself can be a significant cost, as I mentioned.
Do you really think we would have the untidy mess of cables hanging on poles if at all the ISPs and cable operators bothered about securing the permissions to use the poles? No one cares really unless the municipal or electric company decides its time to fill in their coffers.

Do you really think we would have the untidy mess of cables hanging on poles if at all the ISPs and cable operators bothered about securing the permissions to use the poles? No one cares really unless the municipal or electric company decides its time to fill in their coffers.

Having the permission doesn't necessarily say how it has to be done... and permission for pole-to-pole wiring doesn't have to mean just 1 wire, either.

Having the permission doesn't necessarily say how it has to be done... and permission for pole-to-pole wiring doesn't have to mean just 1 wire, either.

The fibre cable which i see hanging majority of time they break, so i think its not a good option

The fibre cable which i see hanging majority of time they break, so i think its not a good option
chih.. being living in a country where the ruling party is UPA, learn something from them 😛
untilyou are getting your speed, why are you saying such things, if break they will fix it 😛

here is my speed and im happy after divorcing CrapTel

Ho raha bharat nirmaan 🙂