• Thread starter Thread starter aju
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,628

aju

Power User
ISP
Mtnl triband
Frrom 1st april MTNL triband Mumbai has increased the upload speed for all users to 512 kbps ..if u were not knowing check this :
Introduction

As we know indian torrent speed suck (the seeds: peer ratio is always low) coz most of us dont seed at all or seed at a very low speed.
As MTNL has increased the upload speed and uploading is free for us we can take advantage of it for the betterment of our torrents

Please set your torrent client speeds to 512 kbps. Also setting your upload speed higher does not effect your downloads as in ADSL tech. the upload and download channels are separate.
As said by utorrent setting correct upload speeds may even increase your download speeds as you would connect more peers...

For Utorrent :
Press Ctrl+g and set Upload speed to 512 kbps

Spread this message among family and friends who do torrents...

its upto 512kbps free on unlimited plans. u pay extra for additional bandwith and upload is counted in your download in limited plans.

Your intentions are good, but folks please don't set your upload bandwidth to more than 80-90% of your max upload speed. You need to leave some buffer upload bandwidth available for your internet to function properly.

torrents encourages piracy... basically illegal softwares/cracks/pirated movies are downloaded using torrent. the good use of torrents are overpowered by evils of torrents.

Have to agree with georgePB, u still need some upload bandwith left so that u can surf websites without lag.In simple terms, people understand this, Lag is not good.Recently someone playing bulletstorm online had to say this:The lag was so bad, I shot him yesterday & he died today.(in the game that is)

i agree with georgepb ...but if u consider utorrent it sets the appropriate upload speed i.e. around 75 -80% of actual speed

I too use utorrent. Eealier I had set the upload speed to 18 KBps and now with the increase in upload speed to 512 Kbps, I have set uTorrent upload speed to 36 KBps. uTorrent works fine. I'm on 999 1 Mbps UL and I get max download speed of 120 KBps and and upload runs at 36 KBps. Without any issue.And georgePB is correct one shouldn't set their upload to the max otherwise it will screw up ur download. i would recommend everyone to set their their upload speed to 36 KBps.:thumbup (2):

I too use utorrent. Eealier I had set the upload speed to 18 KBps and now with the increase in upload speed to 512 Kbps, I have set uTorrent upload speed to 36 KBps. uTorrent works fine. I'm on 999 1 Mbps UL and I get max download speed of 120 KBps and and upload runs at 36 KBps. Without any issue.
And georgePB is correct one shouldn't set their upload to the max otherwise it will screw up ur download. i would recommend everyone to set their their upload speed to 36 KBps.:thumbup (2):

i am on the same plan and my upload speed is set at 60 KBps... i get around 118KBps download speed on torrents...

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Hello all..
Is any other service provider who is giving 512kbps upload speed on their normal plan like MTNL or MTNL is the first in this...

Zzz I just put 0 in the place where it asks max upload speed... Btw ur speed at which u upload does not really affect ur download speed... But it does affect ur browsing exp so I normally pause my torrent while browsing & resume when I m not 😀...