• Thread starter Thread starter jamie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,420

jamie

Hotshot
ISP
SSV D-Vois
I have been getting speeds of around 240kbps(kilobits/sec) since Saturday.
Considering that I am on a 1Mbps UL 999 dsl plan, I am not even getting 1/4th of my plan speed.
Earlier I used to get reduced speeds once a week on sundays in April, but this is unacceptable.
I have registered a complaint on 198, contacted customer care 1504 as well as BB(broadband babu) in the exchange.
Its been 4 days, today being the 4th day & MTNL has not yet resolved this problem.
When I called the BB dept in the exchange today, he told me that someone has already been sent to fix the problem.
Unless the fixer/engineer is going to come in the middle of the night holding a burning agarbatti/candle :sarcastic:, which is very unlikely to happen, I will probably be stuck with slow speeds even tonight.
My question--->
Is anyone else in Navi Mumbai experiencing reduced speeds i.e.not as per plan?

If yes, then what have u done to rectify it & have u been successful?
Your replies will be appreciated as I am yet to find a solution.

they aware of ur issue even i m from thane facing same issue calling 198 is useless because they delete ur complaint without confirmation

Yes speeds have reduced not just that, I face disconnection every 15 minutes.
Has the disconnection started recently such as this week or has it always been like that?

Has the disconnection started recently such as this week or has it always been like that?

No from the past week or so, the area manager said that it was a cable problem, so it will be alright in 2 days. they are diggin up roads around here

Update: Just when u think it can't get any worse, it gets worse.:Shoot: No connectivity since Wednesday evening.:doctor: Connectivity restored today but speeds still at 240 kilobits/sec on a 1mbps UL connection. WTF?😛issed-off:

Update: Just when u think it can't get any worse, it gets worse.:Shoot:
No connectivity since Wednesday evening.:doctor:
Connectivity restored today but speeds still at 240 kilobits/sec
on a 1mbps UL connection. WTF?😛issed-off:

I dont seem to have any problems speed is right at 1 Mbps and no disconnections. Which sector are u in?

Speeds restored as per plan after giving an ear-full to the broadband babu.I told him that its been 6 days since I registered complaint & if he does not solve it today I will terminate all MTNL services & opt for reliance,tata,etc.After the so called engineer failed to fix it, got a call from the exchange in the evening to check the connection.And the speeds were miraculously restored, he did something in the exchange:sneaky2: & asked me to check it.Apparently the problem was not at my end, but at their end.:tongue2😛oint is, it took them 6 days to fix it.

Looks like it takes that many days for the result of the kick in the pants to travel up to the brain (I am assuming they have it) :laugh (2):

Looks like it takes that many days for the result of the kick in the pants to travel up to the brain (I am assuming they have it) :laugh (2):

Good one, kreacher10.:icon_rofl:
Maybe next time if I kick harder, the "flow of information" will be much much quicker.:imwink:

Update: 2 days later speeds are down again. WTF? :cursing: Will investigate & update again.

Breaking news! MTNL speeds go south again.160-240kbps on a 1Mbps line.Surprisingly, the modem status page shows that my line is synced at a data rate of 2048kbps.:huh:

As far as my knowledge sync rates don't affect actual bandwidth, we can be assigned/synced to 8+Mbps on ADSL+ but the port speed will be according to your plan speed.Dont worry you will get your speed back it might be due to weekly maintenance or just the glitch on their part, ut will be solved.Regards

As far as my knowledge sync rates don't affect actual bandwidth, we can be assigned/synced to 8+Mbps on ADSL+ but the port speed will be according to your plan speed.

Dont worry you will get your speed back it might be due to weekly maintenance or just the glitch on their part, ut will be solved.

Regards

I really hope so coz tomorrow is a Sunday & therefore cannot contact the exchange.
What constitutes weekly maintenance by MTNL?
I fail to understand that!