Sify Broadband A Fake ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Prathmesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,283
Dear Prathmesh, the connection speed is always in kbps (kilobits per second) and the data transfer rates (upload/downloads) are in KBps (kilo bytes per second)... So if u r getting 10 kBPs, thats the best you can get...

Prathmesh, a 64 Kbps connection should give you 8 KBps data transfers. You're getting 10 KBps, which is slightly more.

prathmesh, u r really lucky to get better speed...sify is giving u more than what u r paying for...many of the ppl here r not even getting proper sify connection...read other threads and u will get to know abt it...u r really lucky i must say

i first had 64k unltd & used to get 10 KBpsnow i hav 128k unltd & i get 15 kBpsdont understand how their system works?BTW i dont think sify has 512k plan, do they?

QUOTE(Prathmesh @ Aug 17 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]58867[/snapback]
I never tried any other internet but the Sify Broadband but it dosen't mean I don't want to but we got monopoly of Sify in our area :angry: So may be my statements would be bit incorrect please reply and notify me
[/b]
There is only one Internet, no Sify's Internet. Sify helps you connect to it. If you hate Sify so much then MTNL Triband is a good choice. I have't heard many complaints about it and it's always available directly without the interference of the CTO.

I always used 64 kBPs unlimited(LIMITED 😛 )package and I get download speed of 10 kBPs maximum so what do Sify means by there package bandwildth 64kBPs ??? They should clearify the package speed 10kBPs :angry: and remove unlimted from package name and rename it Night unlimited(Since they have puted uses ristrictions of 150MB during daytime). Once I decided to get 512 kBPs package but fishhhhhhhh I couln't get speed more than 50kBPs. So Sify should rename there packages' B/W according to the download speed or please clearify that what the bandwildth means(Never experienced the faster brousing either I had experienced the modem speed at my cousin's place few years ago).
[/b]
I guess this has been explained by everyone else. Sify (and any other ISP) speeds are given in kbps (kilobits per second). The download speed you see is in KBps (KiloBytes per second). 1byte=8bits. So if you're getting 10 kBps speed then you're actually getting 10*8=80kbps speed. So you're the envy of many out here who don't cross 8KBps that regularly 😛 (For the record, I do. Lucky again I guess)

I got good system config. (2.99 GHz P4HT) enough ram(512MB) still poor service terrible download speed of 10kBPs 🙁. Share your experiences too. Its been 1 and half year since I m using Sify but may be I m too late to find these forums Replies are most welcomed
[/b]
System speed doesn't determine net speeds.

Regards,
Siddhesh

QUOTE(NeO @ Aug 18 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]58978[/snapback]
whi is dis psycho
[/b]
I like to go mad somethimes 😛 Those were some tips to increase you dl speed lol use TCP optimizer(On your own risk of course) and dont use very advanced antivirus,anti-spy and firewalls winodows firewall is enough(atleast for me) Try this you ll get better speed. Well I m newbie so I dont know much of it everything was setuped by my friends(I'm member of hubs on dc++ so they help me out for the all problem regrading to PC)

for all you know they might have set you up with lots of backdoors for their sake 😛

QUOTE(siddhesh @ Aug 19 2006, 11:52 AM) [snapback]59022[/snapback]
for all you know they might have set you up with lots of backdoors for their sake 😛
[/b]
NO THERE AREN'T ANY BACKDOORS I M NOT DUMBO.