Sharing One Broadband Connections On Two Telephones

• Thread starter Thread starter ravimodi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,928

ravimodi

ISP
MTNL + TATA
Hi,I want to take new Broadband connection for my office & home use. Normally I will be using in day time in office and night & holidays at home. Is is possible to take one Triband connection at office Phone No. and bring the modem at home and connect the same to home phone and use the same Internet Account at home. I am planning to take 590 plan with night unlimited. Please let me know if these is feasible or I have to take two connections and two modems seperately.ravi

hello Ravi , its not possible .Broadband has to be enabled for a phone connectionsothat we get the connection thru that phone . we cantget broadband connection on other phones which arenot enabled at the Exchange for the broadband .you have to take two connections & two modems ...

If you live in Mumbai straight away NO. 😛 Else if in Delhi! will work now though Chances are Fat for future! BeCoz port binding could be knocking on door anytime. However to make this work you have to activate broadband in both line as in second line you have to actiavte pay as per usage plan(zero commitment just usage is charged).

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Aug 16 2006, 11:49 PM) [snapback]58791[/snapback]
If you live in Mumbai straight away NO. 😛

Else if in Delhi! will work now though Chances are Fat for future! BeCoz port binding could be knocking on door anytime.
However to make this work you have to activate broadband in both line as in second line you have to actiavte pay as per usage plan(zero commitment just usage is charged).
[/b]

If I activate broadband at my second line (home phone) using pay as per usage plane (zero commitment) then can I bring the modem from office & use the office Account (590 plan) on my home phone. Will there be no usage charges charged to my home phone ?

no charges if u use the office account.

One more query is there. If I install seperate modems at home & office, can I simultaneously use the same account from both the places ?

Ravi u have not specified whether u are in mumbai or in delhi?In Mumbai u cannot use office account from home or vice versa even if u have Triband enabled on both the phones.

But mind it this sort of thing may not be applicable in the near future so changing ur BB connection is not a very good idea, unless u're fed up with ur present conn.