ACT Broadband in bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 17,596
Triple-Play is very much possible on FTTB - in fact, most systems are designed for it.
But More than 100mbps Speeds not possible on present infrastructure //

----------

Beam has been receiving a lot of investment, which is nice for them. I just hope that this doesn't mean that the bean-counters will take over the company, as I'd like to see them remain competitive and offer the type of stuff they have now.

Yes they have received nice investments and infact this company was not under ACT when they launched they were like some ordinary cable waala in the name of Beam cable system.. but later things have changed I guess ACT has invested and Took Beam under their Brand... How can a beggar owner now earn Crors of shit now, Infact many employees of the company say he has been helped a lot ?

But More than 100mbps Speeds not possible on present infrastructure //

I wouldn't expect Beam to have upgraded to switches with Gigabit user-facing ports - we even had trouble finding FTTB switches with Gigabit ports (usually there would be like, 24x 100mbit/s ones and 2x Gigabit ones or something). The uplinks will almost certainly be ~2.5Gbit/s PON ports though.

In fact, that's part of the reason we fixated completely on FTTH: CPEs with GigE are relatively easy to find, and the deployment cost difference between FTTB and FTTH isn't really much more than the cost of the CPE itself. Pleasingly, our choice of Alcatel with GigE also gave us a better price (per subscriber) than another vendor which was only going to give us 100mbit/s.

I am surprised to see * that every local cable waala is now upgraded his equipments and are providing internet via fiber just like Beam.. Even Spectranet is providing on Fiber.. they are available near my area..

Yes they have received nice investments and infact this company was not under ACT when they launched they were like some ordinary cable waala in the name of Beam cable system.. but later things have changed I guess ACT has invested and Took Beam under their Brand... How can a beggar owner now earn Crors of shit now, Infact many employees of the company say he has been helped a lot ?

I would have to ask one of my business managers if he knows the specifics of what's gone on at Beam. While we were talking about Hayai's investment strategy he was also telling me about Tikona's first investments and why we shouldn't do what they did (in short: they took 700cr but had to give away 70% of the company or something, so the place is run by accountants instead of technical people as it should be).

----------

I am surprised to see * that every local cable waala is now upgraded his equipments and are providing internet via fiber just like Beam.. Even Spectranet is providing on Fiber.. they are available near my area..

That's been the norm for quite some time, but deployment methods have differed. What I've seen in a lot of places is that they use ethernet extenders which basically convert the signal to fiber for up to 500m and then convert it back to copper, but thankfully that is going away.

My thinking for Hyderabad would probably be that Beam has made it a necessity for these guys to upgrade their equipment in order to provide the service... maybe it has become more of a "you need us more than we need you" situation - if the cablewala doesn't upgrade his equipment, Beam could refuse to supply their services which would lose the cablewala all his customers because everybody (unsurprisingly) wants Beam only - and being the most significant ISP of it's type in Hyderabad, to NOT be a Beam distributor would be a very bad idea for the cablewala.

If I ever had to use cablewalas for Hayai, that's the kind of situation I'd want them all to be in too 😉

I wonder how these ACT Guys decided to provide Triple play via Pole to Pole Fiber.. God knows when the fiber will cut and when it will be working.. Mg can you tell me if in case a fiber is cut underground how will they rectify the exact cut.. do we have instruments to check the cut cable at exact point?

I wonder how these ACT Guys decided to provide Triple play via Pole to Pole Fiber.. God knows when the fiber will cut and when it will be working.. Mg can you tell me if in case a fiber is cut underground how will they rectify the exact cut.. do we have instruments to check the cut cable at exact point?

The same instrumentation that would monitor above ground fiber can monitor below-ground fiber... it's usually fairly accurate in it's determination of distance from the node to the cut - but anyway, there shouldn't be cuts in underground fiber if it's installed properly.

Hi folks,“bsnl broadband is much much better than ACT”. guys never take a connection from ACT. as I mentioned the govt BSNL is far better than ACT. worst customer care. Before getting the connection, executives use to call me every day even after telling not to call. at last I thought to try the broadband, once after applying and paying the money, no communication from their side. after trying several days one fine day i got response that, they are coming on that day around 2:30. they are coming. i came to my house leaving all office works, found they are not here and after calling they said, evening they will come. this continued for 1 week,once after getting the connection. from the day 1 no proper connection,. disconnection every 10 minuts. tried calling customer care, excecutives. no response.PLEASE FOLKS DONT TRY THIS CONNECTION. I FELT BSNL IS FAR BETTER THAN ACT. STILL PLANING TO GETTING RECONNECTION OF BSNL. havent tried airtels. if anyone tried in banaswadi area and any good review please do let me knowI am using ACT for one month, as the guy said its moneyback gruarntee, I opted for the broadband, you have to try whole day to get connected to the customer care, atlast after waiting for 1 hours. that to spending 1 hours mobile charge, I could get connected to customer care. I told them that I have registered the complaint for disconection and refund on august 21st, hes said no there is no such complaint, and he said he cant refund my money as I have used for few days,please please dont ever try this broadband, I thought of disconecting bsnl, but I will go with bsnl. i dont know about airtel and other service. providers, but bsnl is 100% better than act. so you guys can imagine how worse it is. bsnl is been the worst provider. but if I had to rate bsnl and act. i have to rate minus rating. I tried mailing thorough act portal, but no use.guys rather than writing like this, can we do something else to make these guys understandguys, today they have sent me the bill, eventhough I had opted for the moneyback sceme for which I have already paid one month advance rent.we need to do something to sue these guys.

bsnl broadband is much much better than ACT”. guys never take a connection from ACT. as I mentioned the govt BSNL is far better than ACT. worst customer care. Before getting the connection, executives use to call me every day even after telling not to call. at last I thought to try the broadband, once after applying and paying the money, no communication from their side. after trying several days one fine day i got response that, they are coming on that day around 2:30. they are coming.
So this is some thing like Beam telecom in initial stages. Time will take for these isp's to improve unless company Some Good company with tariff and service kicks them!

So this is some thing like Beam telecom in initial stages. Time will take for these isp's to improve unless company Some Good company with tariff and service kicks them!

you know they dont have toll free customer care number. and you have wait for more than hour to get connected. had a chance to speak with a manager for customer care. he was very rude. and he told me that I have pay for using for few days. eventhough I opted it only for a reason that they said money back guarantee for 15 days. but I have called their customer care and asked them to disconnect within a week.
Now they have sent the bill too.. I am thinking of sue them.

once you pay the money thats it. you loose money and patience and you will never get connection. their plan is to get the initial installation amout of 500 from everyone. they dont have long term plan for surviving in this field.

----------

if you are using act broadband for downloading any files, immediately you will be disconnected. and you may have to again download the same thing from beginning. which may have to download for forever. 🙂

... my tv cable comes over the trees whereas my airtel connection is underground protected in steel sheathed reinforced cable....

lol actually your Airtel cable could very well be (non-legally ofcourse) coming through the Sewerage lines... haha, really... Sh*tty internet... no offense but didn't you know... often Sewerage lines get Blocked because of ISP's like Airtel...