new rumored reliance broadband plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 7,801
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are just pointing out a fair possibility that Reliance broadband can actually get Fupe'd.If you feel demoralize, well, we are just talking reality.

reliance has its own heavy infrastructure for data services worldwide (remember flag telecom). Also they dont have that much customer base like craptel.

But i am sure abt one thing that everyone is holding future plans bcoz of the new National BB plan. They are looking at it as the solution of last mile problem.But yes execution of 'plans' is quite a different thing...

quite true....at last 90% of customers only hit 4-5GB pm....

Agreed 😀

reliance has its own heavy infrastructure for data services worldwide (remember flag telecom). Also they dont have that much customer base like craptel.

Very much True! They might also Fup soon!

But i am sure abt one thing that everyone is holding future plans bcoz of the new National BB plan. They are looking at it as the solution of last mile problem.
But yes execution of 'plans' is quite a different thing...

Sorry for the dumb question. Perhaps I have missed out something. Does the new National BB plan resolve a last mile problem?

1000kbps Unlimited -> Rs. 999/-

these plans do not look much cheap compared to their existing plans from what i heard.
How does Rs. 100 less not sound cheap? Current 1 Mbps UL plan costs Rs. 1099 whereas the new one costs Rs. 999 :readtherules:

If Reliance introduces shitty FUP limits like airtel on these new (rumored?) tariff plans, then I'm fooked. :ishock: :wall:

Let n00bs live with 4-5 GB per month. I need at least 100 GB. 😕

Sorry for the dumb question. Perhaps I have missed out something. Does the new National BB plan resolve a last mile problem?

well that is not a dumb question but a tough one....bcoz no one knows.
It will only come clear when DOT will release the final blueprint.

But seeing the TRAI draft it looks like the govt. is planning fiber to every home.

I have read this many times.....what is this "Last mile problem".....a concise explanation wud do!!

How does Rs. 100 less not sound cheap? Current 1 Mbps UL plan costs Rs. 1099 whereas the new one costs Rs. 999 :readtherules:

If Reliance introduces shitty FUP limits like airtel on these new (rumored?) tariff plans, then I'm fooked. :ishock: :wall:

Let n00bs live with 4-5 GB per month. I need at least 100 GB. 😕
I dont see a Situation like that anywhere near!

I have read this many times.....what is this "Last mile problem".....a concise explanation wud do!!

It has multiple usage but the two most apt are...
The lack of LLU where the last mile is not free from public operators which creates the problem of excessive and virtually useless infra which increases costs. bsnl has covered the entire country but does not allow others to use it which is bad. it is like why build three roads when one is already there.

But in more important context, last mile problem is used for inefficiency of the last mile. bsnl,mtnl's uses copper all the way up to exchange, this decreases the speed drastically as the distance increases. Moreover it very inefficient and connections are boosted to cover the propagation loss. hence another waste of bw. Cablewalah's who should use DOCSIS dont do but infact horrifically use lan cables through out the city which is again technologically bad and lossy.

A solution to all this FTTX or FTTH.
FTTX or fiber to the curb will basically reduce this long copper loop and bring very high BW very near to the subscriber. Now whether to use existing copper or new fiber to the home depends upon the company. FTTX is sure to come in national BB policy and it will be operator independent hence anyone can use it so costs go down,speed increases and a win win situation.
There is also a possibilty of even using FTTH i.e. direct to the home throughout but DOT's final draft will clear what the govt. wants.

And i hav learnt from this forum that Tata, airtel do have a FTTX/metro optic fiber system or simply metro Ethernet in many cities. but why it doesn't use to fullest is ???

The real problem is BSNL has 5 lakh kms. of Fiber already layed in ground nearly 60000 kms. from Tata, Nearly 2 lakh kms. from Reliance and nearly dame for Airtel, Railtel etc. The main thing is no body is even bothering to make a good use of it by actually lay wires to end user especially smaller towns and big villages leave alone extreme rural areas. Bcoz everybody says they won't be able to cover their costs !Since BSNL is not allowing LLU (Local Loop Ubundling which is allowing anyone to use its Copper network for giving Bb over it). As most of it is lying idle as people are using mobile these days disconnecting landline, it can well serve the purpose without new BB providers needing to investing in laying new network.Now what TRAI had proposed was that govt. should build a Open access fibre network upto every village which has population over 500. And lease it to providers who are willing to deliver services. But now rounds or I say rumors are DOT has been sitting over this proposal and also being persuaded by some of biggies whose business will hurt from it to actually not pursue this plan and instead opt for the Wireless medium for faster BB penetration and also it will save from huge cost of laying fiber on such large scale.I'm very much susceptible that this nation wide fiber will take place since odds are DOT is giving preference to Wireless and also we are hearing news that they are looking to announce subsidies for operators for providing Wireless BB in villages and small towns in next 18 months from USOF. If thats the case chances of a fiber rollout are very dime indeed !

Thanks for the info.....so basically its the wastage due to old technology used & some bureaucracy by BSNL/MTNL.....

I think the long explanations rather went into more detail than your question required if I understood you correctly.Basically the "last mile problem" refers to last mile connectivity which is the term used for making a connection between the exchange and your home. So all issues related to that come under "last mile problem." Note that historically, each subscriber needs a discrete connection from exchange to home. Hope this helps.

That has helped Emil!!Shorter & much simpler to understand explanation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.