• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,658

Ryan

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I'm now a hotwire user and boy am I happy. I'm getting speeds between 85 kbps and 96 kbps. No need of sify anyway. Also, in my area, the hotwire guy told me that many people are shifting away from Sify as it's horrible and bad service. Now I can finally play counter strike with low ping and download at much better rates. Plus no disconnection problems, at least definitely not as much as sify and he actually has a power backup. 🙂

By the way, I want to add that at nights, I'm gettin download speeds of 24-48 kbps. Man that is so cool. Insanity I say. I love it 😀

Ok this is my experience with hotwire. I've been with it for about 8 months or so, and I can say that I have had a good experience with it. Compared to the other broadband providers in India, they provide you with what they offer. Currently I'm on the 96 kbps unlimited plan, and so far, I'm gettin those speeds. During the day it drops, but never below 60 kbps or so. Only disconnection I have had with it has been once in the last 2 months. When I first got hotwire, they weren't that good but they've started improving on their servers and upgraded their packages. Now I'm gettin the advertised speeds, sometimes higher at night. Download speeds vary, but at night it shoots up to 48 kbps. That's as high as I've seen it shoot up. So my recommendation, if anyone wants to try out hotwire, I'd say go for it because really it's one of the better broadband providers here in India. By the way, the only time I really had to call up customer care was to find out if I could pay by credit card, which I can't yet 🙁. Only in the initial stages I had a few problems with hotwire, other than that it has been a smooth ride. Definitely 2 thumbs up from me, and anyday better than what Sify broadband provides.

Well I don't want to be too lengthy 😉 you know. Want to make it brief and concise. 😀

3x3 is not that lengthy 🙂

it is informal... it does not look like a pro-review. 🙂 i do not run mouthshut mate 😛

hotwire is REALLY cool , the only problem i had to face was in the initial phase when they were upgrading their servers but after that it has been very smooth