3G activation help

• Thread starter Thread starter quadamage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 20,182

quadamage

ISP
MTNL Triband
I sent an ACT MI100 message to 111 on Tuesday. The next day I got a message, saying that 3G has been activated followed by another message saying VMC has been activated. 2 days after i requested for 3G activation, there's still no sign of 3G on my phone.Has anyone tried activating 3G? If so, do you have any suggestions?Before anyone asks, I do have a 3G enabled phone and I did get 3G service during the trial period.

same here mate... my 3G stopped working from tuesday... sent an sms for activating the MI850 plan... got a msg on wednesday that 3G is activated but no sign of 3GCC are absolutely useless... spoke to a team leader who had only one answer "since 3G is new, even we dont know when it will start"Am gonna cancel this "non-existant" 3G service if it doesnt start in the next 2 days.... Voda has been such a royal pain since i ported over.Irony is when the free trial was on, i was getting good 3G coverage outdoors... now when i'm being billed for it, no reception at all.

now port in mtnl2g and 3g - same ratescall centers try to helpcc huts are empty, try speaking in marathi and you will get some help

Exactly same situation here bro..i was getting quite decent 3g reception when i was on trial 3G , but now that i am paying for it, absolutely no 3g signal..CC ppl are absolutely useless douchbags...i dunno why they r even paid for their jobs..they just kept repeating like a tape recorder.."sir since 3g is new we r sorting out issues".. if u numb nuts are facing issues why did u even bother release it anyways ? cant Vodafone, a reputed service provider have the brains to do a decent testing of their networks befr the official launch .?Best part is u are being charged (rental) from day one ur service gt 'activated' i.e u get the sms confirmation..even tho u r not officially getting 3g signal :ashamed:am terribly disappointed..will port to tata docomo in 2 days if situation continues..i heard they offer much better 3g service and CC 🙁

Good to know that I'm not alone. Its just a shame that vodafone advertise their 3G service to such an extent and then just fail on delivering it.

Good to know that I'm not alone. Its just a shame that vodafone advertise their 3G service to such an extent and then just fail on delivering it.

Ok..I use an iPhone 4 and i tried to enable and disable Flight mode..and voila....3G comes up on screen..Still i would say vodafone has done a shabby job in implimenting its 3g service in mumbai (atleast)...They have activated the service after 3 days since i sent the message

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

One more weird thing is ...if i switch to 3g mode in iPhone..the GPS screws up in finding ur current location..if switched off..it shows an accurate GPS location..anyone else facing the same issue ?

I sent an ACT MI100 message to 111 on Tuesday. The next day I got a message, saying that 3G has been activated followed by another message saying VMC has been activated. 2 days after i requested for 3G activation, there's still no sign of 3G on my phone.

Has anyone tried activating 3G? If so, do you have any suggestions?
Before anyone asks, I do have a 3G enabled phone and I did get 3G service during the trial period.

Before the Vodafone 3G trial period had ended on 10 April 2011, I received 2 SMS on April 8 and 9. First one said, 3G trial period ends on April 10 and we will soon launch new data plans. Second message said that if you activate any 3G tariff plan, your existing Vodafone Live 2G tariff would be deactivated and you will get allowance as per the new 3G plan you opted for.

Sending SMS ACT MI102 to 144. Despite activation of 3G plan, I had the same problem of no 3G signal. Their outsourced CC (as common with all service providers) was useless. So I tried to do something on my own and succeeded.

Firstly, I thought of getting VF Live / VF Connect settings again so deleted all the Vodafone Live settings in my phone and sent a message ALL to 52586 (toll free). Please note that this is for Vodafone Connect settings for Prepaid in the Mumbai circle (not sure for Vodafone Mumbai postpaid). I am not sure if the same SMS code would work in other circles and it may also differ in the Mumbai circle if you are a postpaid subscriber.

If you don't want VF Connect and only want to access Vodafone Live using your phone, send the message VL to 52586 toll free.

So your choices are either send SMS as VL or ALL to 52586. Please note that sending both SMSes will result in dual settings for Vodafone Live and this may mess up settings depending on your phone 🙂

After I received the new VF Live settings (Vodafone Live, Vodafone MMS and Vodafone connect), I restarted my phone. 3G started working then! 🙂

If despite receiving the new VF Live or Connect settings, it this does not work for you, search manually for all networks within your phone and select Vodafone 3G.

My conclusion is that the new Vodafone Live settings received and 3G work hand-in-hand. So you must receive Vodafone Live settings once again in your phone after selecting any of their new 3G tariff plans. This is a one time process.

Let me know how it works for you 🙂

now port in mtnl
2g and 3g - same rates
call centers try to help
cc huts are empty, try speaking in marathi and you will get some help

Worried about network congestion? lol

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Sadly, 3G is still not working for me so I have decided to wait for one more day before I unleash my wrath on Vodafone CC. :evil:

Sadly, 3G is still not working for me so I have decided to wait for one more day before I unleash my wrath on Vodafone CC. :evil:

So did you unleash your wrath on the Vodafone's CC?

Am surprised that it didn't work for you. My friend who has an Android tried the trick I suggested and it worked.

AvidWatcher , i had tried that... but did not suceed.

Avidwatcher....U r d Man....thanks a lot bro...it worked instantly...for two days this Vodafone CCs were giving me incorrect information and ur trick worked in seconds...

I've got a Vodafone 2G SIM...And i wanted to know..how to activate 3G....!!Please do provide the complete stepThanks and regards.. 🙂

I've got a Vodafone 2G SIM...And i wanted to know..how to activate 3G....!!
Please do provide the complete step
Thanks and regards.. 🙂

If not a corporate account - send the message

Code:
ACT 3G
To 111. Then subscribe to a data pack.