More Channels Soon on DD Direct +

• Thread starter Thread starter Arjun1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 22,841
it is most important step to do if dd dorect plus wants its edge on dth service , switch to mpeg4 move to new sattelite gsat-8 , and the clear winner will be dd

Still No New Channels On DD Direct + Dth Service

Thanks. I again laugh today on same joke on which I have been laughing from last 2 years. Its not joking on u SVK I laugh on DD Direct Plus management.

Expansion of DD Direct Plus DTH Soon from 59 to 97 TV channels
www.ddindia.com | Child Page
This project envisages expansion of Doordarshan's present DTH platform "DO Direct
Plus". The present DTH Platform is up-linking 59 TV channels, 22 Radio channels and
2 DWDS channels in "Free- To- Air" mode. The platform is proposed to be expanded to
carry 97 TV Channels (96 SO channels and I HD channel), 40 Radio channels and one
DWDS (Disaster Warning Dissemination System) Channel in each stream. The present
uplink has 5 streams in MPEG 2, DVB-S configuration. Out of the 5 streams, 3 streams
are carrying (13+ I) SO channels per stream and are equipped with Tandberg make
Compression equipment. The remaining 2 streams are carrying (10+ I) SO channels per
stream and are equipped with Scopus make Compression equipment. All the 5 streams
are carrying 4 or 6 radio channels per stream at present. Stream 4 and 5 are also
carrying one DWDS channel each comprising of an audio channel along with
associated private data channel.
http://www.ddindia.gov.in/NR/rdonlyres/953E4E89-BF28-4351-AF41-F490297C09DB/381982/Packed1.pdf
Providing Of Expansion Of Doordarshan DTH Platform At New Delhi- New Delhi, Delhi, India - Prasar Bharati - Free tenders for Telecommunication Services / Equipments from India
DD's DTH platform rejects 2 TV channels, 15 opt out
Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge> DD's DTH platform rejects 2 TV channels, 15 opt out

Something for DD Direct, Doordarshan’s DTH service, to do right away—have a farm channel on its platform. DD’s own farm programmes are popular, but often miss their mark because either there is no power when they come on, or people are not free to watch at that hour. But have a 24- or an 18-hour channel with repeat cycles and it will meet needs. Also, agriculture programming, as people in DD’s Andhra Pradesh Kendra will certify, never lacks advertisers.
Mr Pitroda’s turn at Prasar Bharati - Livemint