Indra Nooyi: New CEO of PepsiCo Inc.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Indra Nooyi: New CEO of PepsiCo Inc.
PepsiCo Inc. has announced that it is promoting its president and chief financial officer, Indra Nooyi as their new Chief Executive Officer.
She would be taking over from Steve Reinemund who announced his decision to retire after a successful five-year run.
Nooyi is not new to the company as she has [...]

http://business.techwhack.co/1056/indra-nooyi/

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
Am I correct in understanding that this is front page news because an Indian woman has become the international CEO of a mjor MNC?

Dukes Mangola

Regular
Regulars
Feb 9, 2006
Great, now we have an Indian running a sugar water company.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Great, now maybe we can see some answers to this pesticide contamination issue.I have this feeling thats its been done deliberately by local goons as a way to extort money from the MNCs.They sell their wares all over the world, why should only India be facing this problem.

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
Maybe coz our groundwater is heavily contaminated due to extensive use of pesticides? And it's not possible to remove all traces without production costs going through the roof? Am not quite sure. But if Coca Cola and Pepsi are cutting costs and dumping sub-standard stuff on us (nothing new) then heavy fines should be imposed on them and the sale of their aerated drinks banned until they get their act together.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the funny thing is that what would the government say if i complain that i have to use a RO system at my home to get access to safe drinking water coz the water they send to my home is contaminated with more than just pesticides. would they ban themselves?a government incapable of providing safe drinking water to their citizens is complaining that a private company is using the same water to make soft drinks? whoa. whoa. whoa. bunch of arseholes.

Dukes Mangola

Regular
Regulars
Feb 9, 2006
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Aug 15 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]58646[/snapback]
the funny thing is that what would the government say if i complain that i have to use a RO system at my home to get access to safe drinking water coz the water they send to my home is contaminated with more than just pesticides.

would they ban themselves?

a government incapable of providing safe drinking water to their citizens is complaining that a private company is using the same water to make soft drinks?

whoa. whoa. whoa. bunch of arseholes.
[/b]
I'm not entirely aware of the costs involved, but I think its the fact that the MNCs leech away all the ground water for pure profit. The govt in Kerala is concerned about the lowering water table.

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
QUOTE(Dukes Mangola @ Aug 16 2006, 12:38 PM) [snapback]58732[/snapback]
I'm not entirely aware of the costs involved, but I think its the fact that the MNCs leech away all the ground water for pure profit. The govt in Kerala is concerned about the lowering water table.
[/b]
Lowering water table is an issue in many places.

But i (think) its the unrestricted use of bore wells that is a bigger reason for this.

Of course its easier for the government to blame the foreigner than the local, this being the unique case where the foriegner has very deep pockets.

Any Mallu's reading care to comment on this one ?

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
the government should be complaining when they have set standards for the company to follow. they have not regarding excessive usageof ground water as far as i know. this makes it more sick.