Bombay High Court Updates

AvidWatcher

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
May 6, 2006
Domain name transferred at interlocutory stage in landmark decision

World Trademark Review (subscription)
Tata Sky sued the registrant of 'tataskyplushd.com'. It applied for an interlocutory injunction restraining the registrant from using the domain name, ...

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Does this mean one cannot have the domain name of his choice even if he pays for it?

Prabal Dave

Apr 3, 2011
Jaipur
Does this mean one cannot have the domain name of his choice even if he pays for it?

We can have ..but in case its a registered product/company name of any one .. we have to give back .. Same case also happened with Airtel domain ..

One person registered Airtel.com domain .. after that vodafone bought that domain .. so back in 2008 if u opened airtel.com it was redirected to vodafone.com

later airtel won back the domain doing legal case ..meanwhile airtel.in was started ..
after than airtel.com was left idle..& then finally it was redirected to airtel.in ..

but Now.. since Airtel is international ..airtel.com is working fine with links to all specific countries.. :thumbsup:

Navjot Singh

The Punisher
Regulars
Sep 7, 2005
Delhi
The Bombay High Court has ordered BookMyShow.com, Big Cinema, Fame India, INOX, Fun Multiplex, Sterling, Globus Cinema, New Excelsior, 24 Karat Multiplex, HDIL Broadway, Abhiruchi City Pride and E-Square to respond to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Sunil Lulla seeking the implementation of the government order dated April 4, 2013 that restrains charging of extra fee for online booking of movie tickets. The government of Maharashtra had ordered cinema halls to follow the satellite computerized ticket printing from April 1, 2013 and also allowed single-screen cinema halls losing business and facing shutdown, to double their service tax to adopt digital technology
Source
No charges on online movie tickets in Maharastra. :eek: Wow. Never knew about it.

Reactions: 2 people

rak007

Regular
Regulars
Jan 10, 2009
Mumbai <--> Pune
On an unrelated note, someone i know paid Rs 550 per ticket for Yeh Jawani hai deewani at Cinemax, Mumbai.
Personally that price is outrageous.

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
Well it must be gold class tickets, priced 500+conv fee on weekends. I think its worth the price and still much less than pvr gold class.

rak007

Regular
Regulars
Jan 10, 2009
Mumbai <--> Pune
igloo said:
Well it must be gold class tickets, priced 500+conv fee on weekends. I think its worth the price and still much less than pvr gold class.
I am not someone who visits theater a lot so i would really like to know why it is worth it. Seriously asking, not being sarcastic.

igloo

Not just Internet.
Regulars
Sep 5, 2008
New Delhi
I am not someone who visits theater a lot so i would really like to know why it is worth it. Seriously asking, not being sarcastic.
Because they have wide recliner sofa instead of normal seats where you can strech or lay 180deg . I mean its so very comfortable.

rak007

Regular
Regulars
Jan 10, 2009
Mumbai <--> Pune
igloo said:
Because they have wide recliner sofa instead of normal seats where you can strech or lay 180deg . I mean its so very comfortable.
Ok so like first class of flights i guess. Whatever 550 Rs is just too expensive. May be i am cheap.