• Thread starter Thread starter prasadji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 11,105

prasadji

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I switched over to Sundirect HD last week and I connected the HDMI outputof the STB to Samsung 23" multifunction FULL HD PC monitor.I set the screen resolution to 1920x1080 both in PC mode and TV mode.I found the HD quality of Discovery, Natgeo, Movies NOW,are simply superb excellent HD quality and super class audio.All the four regional channels-two in Tamil and two in Telugu are excellent true HD and not upscaled version.Sun do not give any upscaled channels.Also the normal channels are also looking very good.in PC side, as the resolution is 1920x1080,the quality is very good.

I moved to Sun DTH HD last week, I am using Sony Bravia LED 32 Inch TV. the picture and sound quality of HD channels are awesome. I never expected this kind of quality from SUN. I am getting real value for money. In Movies Now channel i am getting 5.1 dolby digital sound. Latest tamil movies in HD Quality 1080i pixel. Discovery World and Nat Geo HD is great. I am recommending this Sun DTH HD.

Watching IPL is something great in HD.You see every face in the crowed clear while the players and detailsare something you should see to know the quality.The 5.1 audio in Sun Music HD is fantastic as I am hearingthrough my computer.....I understand that HD is not so perfect with others...could be because Sun started in 2009 and sorted all problems and perfected to international quality while rest are new.As per other forums fo HD,I find they have several issues regarding STB LNB etc.Sundirect HD no doubt is now best technically... CC told me that shortly they are addingmore channels...wish they add Malayalm HD soon

I switched over to Sundirect HD last week and I connected the HDMI output
of the STB to Samsung 23" multifunction FULL HD PC monitor.
I set the screen resolution to 1920x1080 both in PC mode and TV mode.
I found the HD quality of Discovery, Natgeo, Movies NOW,are simply superb excellent HD quality and super class audio.
All the four regional channels-two in Tamil and two in Telugu are excellent true HD and not upscaled version.
Sun do not give any upscaled channels.Also the normal channels are also looking very good.
in PC side, as the resolution is 1920x1080,the quality is very good.

Hi Prasadji,
Can you give me more details about your Samsung Monitor TV. How much did it cost you? Does it have SD connection capabilities? Does it also have remote? I was waiting for this kind of model in LG which have been out of stock since Sept 2010 ( I didnot know such a model was available in Samsung).

Thanks in Advance......
IndyMavs 🙂

The Samsung model is Syncmaster P2370MS multifunction LCD monitor.It is 23"It is a full HD TV as well as PC monitor with resolution of 1920x1080 for both PC as well as TV . So it is excellent as PC monitor as well as HD TV.The monitor has built in speakers, HDMI input that use for your SUN Direct HD STB.Headphone or optical out from the monitor can be connected to any Home Theater system or to the PC sound card.The monitor has DVI and VGA input that can be used to connect the PC.There is remote for the monitor.Built in speaker is average like any other LCD TV.But from PC or Home theater system,it is awesome!Sorry for the delay in replying.

Anyone got Airtel Digital TV HD? Is it worth the upgrade to ADT HD at this time?

I moved to Sun DTH HD last week, I am using Sony Bravia LED 32 Inch TV. the picture and sound quality of HD channels are awesome. I never expected this kind of quality from SUN. I am getting real value for money. In Movies Now channel i am getting 5.1 dolby digital sound. Latest tamil movies in HD Quality 1080i pixel. Discovery World and Nat Geo HD is great. I am recommending this Sun DTH HD.

I got a new SUNDIRECT HD connection with Sony Bravia LCD 32" 32BX320.
I am having a problem of volume control does not work in HD channel, so the STB always output the maximum sound.
So I have volume control only in TV.

Please tell me whether do you also face the same problem.

Thanks
Sakitram