15th August - 512 Kbps ?

yup i too got 360+kbps speeds on 13 & 14 aug but it was back to normal by 15( i checked in the afternoon).

i call up the airtel cc everyday without fail asking for the 512 kbps unlimited plan. I even complained that i cant play streaming video without it stopping. they are still working on it. they just dont seem to understand that @ 256 kbps streaming video is just not possible. Can everybody in bgalore call up the cc and make life hell for them. They know that there is huge demand for it, but they refuse to start the damn thing. no commitment from their end too.

...."they just dont seem to understand that @ 256 kbps streaming video is just not possible"....dips0502, i can't agree with you more....i have tried watching real time streaming video and listening to hi-fi audio but have given up on it because of the constant buffering problem. I have been reading reports in the papers of BSNL, Airtel etc. offering triple play (IPTV) soon, but without upgraing to an 512 or higher unlimited how would that be possible?"Can everybody in bgalore call up the cc and make life hell for them"......I don't think calling their CC will make any difference, since they don't formulate or execute plans. people here are still on 'upto 128k' plans, and on the 400 mb, and 1 gb download limit connections and seem quite satisfied with it. where is the need for them to introduce 512 k unlimited. People need to realise that broadband is more than just checking mails. Hopefully before the end of this year our connections would be upgraded!why is that we in Bangalore don't get night time upgrade, while others in the country do?

QUOTE(gabruputt @ Aug 18 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]58917[/snapback]
why is that we in Bangalore don't get night time upgrade, while others in the country do?
[/b]
I've wondered about this for a while.

I think the contention ratios are slightly lower here so we get 80%+ of the speed most of the time. Whenever i see complaining about Airtel, they are usually in the north. I think as a way to appease the sub standard performance during the day, they bribe them with dbl speed at night.

I don't think tht the case. Cos whosoever I know in delhi gets around 80%+ of the speed constantly at daytime.

Well in Noida i am getting Avg 25Kbps (min 23 max 27) and during the night its about 55KBps, so i don't think we can draw any conclusions regarding the north/south divide 😉

QUOTE(thegenerousjew @ Aug 19 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]59033[/snapback]
I wish they'd double the speeds, then I'd be having a 1 mbps unlimited connection from Airtel.
[/b]

are you on the business plan ?