MTNL Landline CLIP

• Thread starter Thread starter google_singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 62,700

google_singh

Regular
I have a Panasonic Cordless Caller ID Phone which I got from US. The prom is that it does not display caller id on MTNL DELHI Landline connection however my separte Caller ID instrument does display the CLIP info???I have seen others having similar prom.Anybody here has similar prom or solution to it

dude u need to apply for clip services frm mtnl at ur exchange and get the form signed by person on whose name the number is.Apply then in 1 week u will get CLIP information

I think the guy already has CLIP activated as it displays correctly on his caller ID instrumentThe prom with US phones is that they work on FSK protocol whereas in India it is DTMFThe solution is to use a DTMF to FSK converter available for RS 500

I think MTNL lines use FSK. FSK and DTMF are different things. Infact DTMF is a _type_ or _uses_ of FSK. FSK is a modulation while DTMF is a protocol for dialing numbers / setting up a call.

Yeah DTMF is also a protocol for dialing numbers(I think TONE Mode)But i am pretty sure in india, BSNL , MTNL and probably Airtel use DTMF for its CLIP facilityTherefore if u buy a phone from US intended to be used there, The caller ID fn will not work here in India as they use FSK for caller id purposes

DTMF uses FSK. So its FSK.

This is what MTNL has to say on this

I/We_________________________ am/are the subscriber of Tel No._________ and I/We want
the CLIP facility from OCB exchanges. I/We am/are aware that the CLIP facility offered by
OCB exchange supports the FSK protocol at present and will change to DTMF protocol
afterwards due to technical reasons.
I undertake the responsibility of changing the caller ID equipment to DTMF Protocol, if
required,when the exchange changes to DTMF protocol.[/b]

http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/download/forms/clipform.pdf

Originally posted by boygr8@Feb 21 2006, 11:12 PM
I think the guy already has CLIP activated as it displays correctly on his caller ID instrument

The prom with US phones is that they work on FSK protocol whereas in India it is DTMF

The solution is to use a DTMF to FSK converter available for RS 500
[snapback]42597[/snapback]
[/quote]

I got it for Rs.250 in mumbai for my Panasonic Cordless phone!

I need it too.....the guy was giving it for rs 450 to me in delhi ......but on it was written broadband splitter..........i thought the guy didnt understand me well.Anyways can anybody tell me how does it look like? is it available on ebay.in

Originally posted by boygr8@Feb 23 2006, 09:50 PM
is it available on ebay.in
[snapback]42779[/snapback]
[/quote]

Try a "Want it now" posting on Ebay. You post what you want, and any seller might offer you. It is free.

QUOTE(boygr8 @ Apr 1 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]46616[/snapback]
Its available on ebay for some Rs 330
[/b]
Hey Boygr8, can you tell me where its available in delhi ?
Thanks in advance

I bought it from a telephone shop for Rs 450......On it was Fintel ADSL splitter........I argued with guy that how can a ADSL splitter convert FSK to DTMF......he didnt knew but persisted this is the thing I need....so I bought itAnd It worked.Note that since in FSK protocol the date and time stamp of the call is sent by exchange itself....u wont get any call/date of the calll but will only display the number.I bought it from a telephone repair shop from Jawala Heri, Paschim Vihar....I think theres a market in Karol Bagh u can get from there or from ebay.in which I think even has a time stamp option

I have Fintel ADSL splitter.On "Line" socket, connect the ncoming Telephone line. And connect your phone on to the "Phone" socket.Not sure if other ADSL splitters can do the same as well