• Thread starter Thread starter gb_baran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,627

gb_baran

Regular
ISP
BSNL
My link in the modem is getting disconnected very often. I don't know that the problem is. Link goes off in 10 secs and comes back again and again goes off in 10 secs. Often getting disconected bcoz of this. Anybody experiencing the same problem? Or is it a problem with my modem? :blink: Plz help guys

My LINK in the modem is getting disconnected very often. I don't know that the problem is. Link goes off in 10 secs and comes back again and again goes off in 10 secs. Often getting disconected bcoz of this. Anybody experiencing the same problem? Or is it a problem with my modem? :blink: Everything was going fine and suddenly this happened. I can't get a stable LINK with bsnl. Now, I know that people from BSNL can't help me in anyway and thats why i am asking you all. I can't believe this is happening on a sunday.Plz help guys

which modem and how it is connected ?

it could be due to power fluctuations / adaptor problem
if it is connected thru Ethernet . or there can be a problem
with the NIC .

if it is connected thru USB , did you check it on another
USB port

it can be due to Line leakage/earthing problem
do you have heavy rains ?

problem at the Exchange is not ruled out .

A member has posted a Link to a utility for
disconnection problems . you may try it at
your own risk !
see : http://www.broadbandforum.co/Disconnection...tion-t6244.html

And there is no need to start two threads for
the same query ... ( it could be by mistake )

It was claimed that the utility in the Link solves the disconnection problem of a faulty modem .The poster of that Link reported that it solvedhis disconnection problems .This type of utility Links have been posted ondifferent community boards . I never checkedany of this utilities .