• Thread starter Thread starter xmen360
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8,758

xmen360

Regular
ISP
bsnl
Hey admin,I see everyday spammers are creating new threads in various sections and their threads the moment they are created are getting deleted or auto locked, but these threads still manage to hog precious thread space on top the home page. Isnt there a way to just not display those threads anywhere.Dont let them come up on the home page either. :notallowed:

Be logged in 😕

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Use the What's new link & use that as your driving page instead of Latest Topics on homepage...

Yup I am logged it 🙂 and the whats new link seems to work fine. But I like the latest topics listing ..easy on the eyes.I can just glance and find the threads/post which I want to read rather then making a conscious effort with the "whats new" link.

But are you able to see the Latest Topics when you are logged in? Cos, I dont. Hence I have got used to WhatsNew/Subscribed Threads/Spy ..as different modes at different times, to follow discussions/browse through topics

Logged into Firefox 3.0 .. still do not see Latest Topics,, I see it only when I am not logged in.. I suspect some setting I changed could have triggered it...

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

IE also same.. The moment I login.. Latest Topics is gone..

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I wonder... Now I really wonder....

I too can see that easily.....it happened once or twice only when i wasnt able to see the Latest topics.

i have not tempered with the latest topic box. it appears fine here 😕

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 exists. moved to archive section.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

just logged in as a test user. appears fine!

Hmm... I had tried changing all settings - but this seems to be more of a problem with my ID as others in this thread also said its fine for them 😕