Virus Help Needed

mayank1200

[OP]
Regulars
Nov 13, 2008
i hv a virus called "w32.jeefo" in svchost.exe,norton is unable to treat it and also windows is nt allowing me to delete this file . wt shud i do? :(

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
....i guess you should switch to another anti virus too...possibly something that treats viruses rather than become a pain in the ass itself.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
reports claim symantec and other popular antivirus applications fail to treat 80% of the viruses in the wild.

yogi

no fate but what we make
Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
use avg

klp

Aug 20, 2006
avg network edition works best for me as it is light also so that no time in startup.

aniketvb

Linuxguy
Regulars
Oct 2, 2005
Linux works best!! LOL ...seriously ....since I shifted to Linux, I can use more of my cpu cycles for my apps rather than antivirus(Norton used to eat up a lot). On the other hand , I still have retained WinXP for certain windows only apps....and till now I dint have huge virus problems since I am using AVG Free Edition. Also I have Sygate firewall , the windows firewall is not as reliable.But wht I have noticed so far is, if you use your computer with a little more care, no viruses come. For example shifting to Firefox/Opera solves half your problems. Also keep a limited user account and use it for potentially infectious activities( I mean pron :) )Using this strategy , a friend of mine actually manages with no antivirus (he cant use coz he has P3 866Mhz and cant spare cpu power for anitvirus! ) ..he has had no trouble for the past 2 years