• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,800
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
Reliance Blackberry Services (CDMA) is down since last night 2 A.M. (started around 2A.M. of 10th March-2011) and i had a sleep-less night, taking laptop even to bathroom, cause I am alive only because of email flow.when i tried BB Customer care early morning, they had only CRAP and CANNED answers like1). Let me check if you have a valid email ID saved, WTF, I work online 24x7 and I don't know if i added a email ID correctly 3 years back, when you idiot was not even on this Job. 2). you need to select home network, :madness:3). you need to do hard reboot, battery pull, I said already did it 5 times, no, no do it now.4). have you run diagnostic check, idiots don't even admit that there stupid crappy, ultra cheap set up is down.5). after 7-8 tries, some senior say, there's a upgrade going on server and it will be completed around 3PM.WTF, are you training class 8th guys to handle enterprise level servers.One can bloody clone a server with 100 TB data to a entirely different server in this time frame, one can migrate his entire corporate network in this time frame and you own a damn data center but your guys are running a stupid update which takes more than 12 hours.you should close the crappy blackberry service and start a samosa shop. :madness:your plans are expensive, unreliable, and you people don't have a shame to be efficient when services are down.its 14 hours now, still the f**ing service is down.I better start saving money for my next blackberry which can take a GSM sim in its **S and i can move on, if the outage is such HUGE

if u are not bound to particular operator(like corporate connection) then MNP comes to rescue !!

Whatever you do, don't move to Airtel for blackberry service.I am using Airtel BB personal mail (Rs 299 per month on prepaid) plan and their edge network is sometime down all night long. Sometimes when the edge network is down, GSM network is used to pull the emails and I am charged for data usage when all email on BB plan is supposed to be free.

almon: I've a 8330 which is a CDMA Device, so no operator to use on same handset, cdma blackberry left for me is TATA, which is poor coverage in U.P. Oh my 28K curve handset, can't think of buying another.

Topweb: one of friend using vodafone prepaid BB plan, he's very happy with the usage and if I could afford a new handset I'll move to vodafone for BB plan.

Lastly, the Reliance CDMA BB outage ended around 5:15PM, got few hundred mails in short period once it was back up.
One thing I recall is, outages on Reliance CDMA blackberry are of long duration but once a few months, but if you compare the uptime, they kill the good figures in one shot instead of smaller frequent outages.

Status
Not open for further replies.