Iqura Broadband How Good How Bad It Is?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishwarms
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,209

ishwarms

ISP
You Telecom
Hi ,I am staying in Bangalore,I wanted to go for iqura broadband connection with 256kbps unlimitedcan any one using the same connection plese provide me some usefullinfo.... 🙂

Is Airtel not available where you live ?

A friend of mine uses Iqara. He said the speeds are consistent , the only problem he faced was the coaxial cable used for the connection was cut in the recent rains and there was a downtime due to that. Rates are also pretty attractive.Also one unimaginable thing from an ISp's point of view, Iqara actually waived off a part of his monthly charges as he was a heavy user!!!!!

QUOTE(aniketvb @ Aug 10 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]58209[/snapback]
A friend of mine uses Iqara. He said the speeds are consistent , the only problem he faced was the coaxial cable used for the connection was cut in the recent rains and there was a downtime due to that.
[/b]
That's the only disadvantage i can think of as Airtel's wires to me are all underground.

but i am staying in Domlur a small area in airport road of bangalorebut airtel ppl says they cant give the connection due to some problem 🙁

how much are they charging for 256kbps in banglore ?

They just changed their name to "You Telecom"As to their plans.. 256Kbps(unlimited) comes in at a steap Rs. 1599+Tax! however their 192Kbps comes in at a better rate than AirTel's 128 Unlimited being Rs.749+Tax. Advantages are that they provide over DOCSIS(Cable Modem) which is stable. and a Static Public IP.

Yes. Iqara changed to YOU Telecom. Just y'day I started using their 96Kbps Unlimited Plan. But, I'm totally dissatisfied with their speeds. I'm getting around 5KB/s-8KB/s which is not good.I want to uncap my ISP's speed limits. Can anybody help me, pls !!!

hey! i'm planning to change my sify bb to "you".is that a good option.i know about the rates, i want to know how fast are they in rectifying and solving problems

QUOTE(Rakesh @ Sep 12 2006, 09:48 AM) [snapback]61997[/snapback]
hey! i'm planning to change my sify bb to "you".is that a good option.i know about the rates, i want to know how fast are they in rectifying and solving problems
[/b]
Iqara (Ahmedabad) customer service is really bad. I have have an outage currently for 7 days now and they do not know the reason 🙁

QUOTE(washerbug @ Sep 3 2006, 07:04 AM) [snapback]60930[/snapback]
Yes. Iqara changed to YOU Telecom. Just y'day I started using their 96Kbps Unlimited Plan. But, I'm totally dissatisfied with their speeds. I'm getting around 5KB/s-8KB/s which is not good.

I want to uncap my ISP's speed limits. Can anybody help me, pls !!![/b]

When u say u have 96Kbps unltd plan- do you mean 96KB or 96kb?
I think its 96 kbps.
You generally get downloads at around 80%... so it should be at least around say...9KBps.

I see that you posted this on Sep. Are you still facing this issue? Are you satisfied with their service now?