Vodafone 3G started in Mumbai, Reviews.

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 23,717

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
My vodafone is finally on 3G in Mumbai. Excellent speeds and excellent network. No call drop and no network blanks from Andheri to churchgate in train. Will let you know more !

on 3G ive had bad experiences. Speaking to my clients on the phone suddenly the call drops. then it takes forever to get the signal back. As for moving in trains i hardly get the 3G signal

if u r on vf 3g all outgoing and data is free as of now.

if u r on vf 3g all outgoing and data is free as of now.
Correction - its not free ...it will cost you the same as your 2G plan.
If currently you have 2G unlimited ...then yeah its free.

I was a user of VL. I had the "Pay as you go" scheme. I came to know about VMC pretty late, So I didn't opt for it & planned to jump directly to 3g.I was excited after seeing the Vodafone #g advt on TV, only to realize that they haven't launched it yet.But I came to know abt th free 3g trial in this forum. I msgd ACT 3G to 111. I Got 3g on my Xperia X10 only after a dozen or so trials.Now i have an 'H' on the top of my screen & the speed in the browser is pretty good.But I cannot use it for any of the apps, apart from the browser.So what's the problem ?? Any specific settings for this ??

1) For me all applications work with Vodafone Live ...but i have read many people on the forum telling that Live is only for WAP sites and for applications etc you need Vodafone Mobile connect. So i guess you need to check and get vodafone connect to use 3G for applications2) Vodafone had some bugs for 3G activation ...2 friends of mine got the same sms " your phone is not 3G compatible" ...keep trying ...it will work. If it still does not ...put your sim in some other phone ..activate 3G and then change the phone (this worked for my friends when i put their sim in my phone)3) Vodafone TV is right now only for selected OS/Handsets (e.g. It works on Symbian, Blackberry - but not on android Galaxy S )

I have been waiting since months to get 3G on my iPhone 4. Finally, after Vodafone launched 3G it's been a bag of mixed feelings. The speed has been amazing. I get 2-3.5 Mbps downlink and 0.2-0.5 uplink. Measured with the speedtest app.But I got disappointed with their coverage and specially indoors. I hardly get 3G signal at my house where 2g is at it's maximum. Also, tried at different places with more or less the same results. Amazing speed and coverage outdoors with little to zero coverage indoors.So, only if Vodafone can improve the coverage indoors, then will it be sensible to opt for 3G plans. Obviously, they can't expect us to use 3G only outdoors.So as of now m enjoying the trials and atleast happy of that Mumbai is 3G ready now( with Vodafone I mean)

I have been waiting since months to get 3G on my iPhone 4. Finally, after Vodafone launched 3G it's been a bag of mixed feelings. The speed has been amazing. I get 2-3.5 Mbps downlink and 0.2-0.5 uplink. Measured with the speedtest app.

But I got disappointed with their coverage and specially indoors. I hardly get 3G signal at my house where 2g is at it's maximum. Also, tried at different places with more or less the same results. Amazing speed and coverage outdoors with little to zero coverage indoors.

So, only if Vodafone can improve the coverage indoors, then will it be sensible to opt for 3G plans. Obviously, they can't expect us to use 3G only outdoors.

So as of now m enjoying the trials and atleast happy of that Mumbai is 3G ready now( with Vodafone I mean)

does 3G work with all the apps on the iPhone 4?

But I got disappointed with their coverage and specially indoors. I hardly get 3G signal at my house where 2g is at it's maximum. Also, tried at different places with more or less the same results. Amazing speed and coverage outdoors with little to zero coverage indoors.

Same here 🙂

i just get the 3g+ logo and no network bars even calls cant take place so switched to gsm 900/1800

hey! can anyone tell me, the whole procedure from buying a SIM to activating all these 3G.my cell phone is Nokia N70. and please tell me the cost of the SIM...actually I'm a BSNL user. So, just saw the VOdafone ad goin' on TV. Please guys help me...

Step 1 - go to any retail outlet and choose a prepaid number / go to vodafone outlet and choose a postpaid numberStep 2 - give the id proof, 2 photos and fill up a formStep 3 - Wait for the vodafone connection to get activated (prepaid should taken 10 minutes/ post paid might take little longer)Step 4 - Dial 116 and ask the call center what sms to send to activate 3G service on your phoneCost of SIM should is market dependent - in Siliguri - it should be 50 rupees for new SIM plus 10 to 30 rupees talk time