I was charged for Free night usage, Total Bill Rs 20000

• Thread starter Thread starter virajkin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 5,282

virajkin

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi today i received my BSNL land line bill of February month and i was shocked to see that the bill amount was Rs 20977.I am using BBG FN 500 Plan for past 2 years. In February my total Usage was 91GB, in which chargeable usage was 2.31GB. I regularly check on the portal. But when i got the bill i was shocked to see that all my free usage was also charged. Below are the full detailsTotal MB: 93183 Free MB: 2560 MB(i.e 2.5 GB per month for BBG FN 500 plan)Net MB: 90623 (i.e 93813-2560=90623)Usage: 18215 i.e 90623*0.20 paise= Rs 18125 Plus Broadband Rent Rs.500 and other charges i.e. call charges, rent, tax etcSo total Bill Rs 20977This means I was charged for the free night usage also , so what shall i do? whom shall i complain ? Please replyI am in huge tension

Huh i thought u no longer needed to reboot for the night time to start in bsnl but this is crap.Okay u need to contact yur accounts manager to help u out with this.Visit the exchange in yur area and tell them their achievement.

Did you reboot the modem at 2.00 am and 8.00 ? Post a screen shot of your usage details during night unlimited. Have they split it automatically ? If no, how is it portrayed. I will say such a huge bill is beneficial in your case. Had it been 2 -3 thousand they would even not mind your question. Now they know something is wrong with the bill. If there is split during 2- 8 in usage portal, you are saved. Even if it is not there, consulting with the accounts officer will help you. All you need is to take someone good at negotiating. Further comments after checking the screen shot.

If there is split during 2- 8 in usage portal, you are saved.

Wait a minute!!!!!:O Even in my usage details, the usage is not segregated. I am using the bridged mode and it dials at around 2:15am and disconnects at 7:45am sharp. Have never faced any problem since last few years. But they show a warning in 'Red' as below. Would I face this problem??? Damn!!! this is shocking.

Yes, i use dialup method to connect broadband and I use Autoconnect v3.3.2 by Aijaz for connecting at night time at 2 am and it disconnects at 8 am. There is clearly no issues in my side. its the problem with bsnl side only.
Below are the screenshots

@ virajkin

Ok, calculate the chargeable units from the data shown in the table excluding night unlimited. Check if it is charged ? Also check the " post paid order " page. Home 500 has been withdrawn. Make sure that your plan is not automatically changed.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

@ nishantmenon

I think there is no need for you to worry. That is a mere announcement of the maintenance activity going on at BSNL. We need to check the " Chargeable units ". The screen shot you posted has no 2-8 slot details. But if you disconnect and connect at 2.15 and 7.45 am, there is nothing to worry. Even if you are charged, you could easily prove that those are your NU values.

@metdilip I checked my Orders. Its showing BBG FN 500 as provisioned (Means still active as its showing provisioned for past 2 years )Chargeable units is 2.31GB i.e approx 2366 MB which means i have not crossed the limit of free usage if 2.5 GB per month They have charged Rs 500 as usual for those 2366 MB plus they have also charged Rs 18125 for remaining 89GB @ 20 paise per mbie 90623MB * .20 = Rs 18125

Did you calculated the non zero entries ? How much does it come ?

@meetdilip

Sorry that screenshot didn't have the 2 - 8 slot. Here's one which has that slot and its shown in regular usage page. Night usage part is completely blank and it says 'No records found'.

Even under the 'Bill Details' page, the unbilled usage has gone up to 9 grands. WTF!!!! :iomg:

@ nishantmenon Just make sure that the non NU usage is less than your day time limit. If you reboot @ 2.00 am and 8.00 am, nothing to worry. We can cross check the data once NU is available.

@ nishantmenon

Just make sure that the non NU usage is less than your day time limit. If you reboot @ 2.00 am and 8.00 am, nothing to worry. We can cross check the data once NU is available.

I have not changed the way of connecting/disconnecting since the last couple of years and till date I have never been overbilled. I'm noticing this problem since the current billing cycle, and also the message in RED posted above, that too has appeared from this month. Also, I use the bridged mode. The reboot option is only for people using the PPPoE mode, correct me if i'm wrong.

By rebooting, I meant disconnect and re connect during 2 - 8 slot. In bridge mode, we do it in dialer, while in PPPoE we can reboot the modem internally.

By rebooting, I meant disconnect and re connect during 2 - 8 slot. In bridge mode, we do it in dialer, while in PPPoE we can reboot the modem internally.

Yes, that's what I meant too. I come under the second option. Keeping my fingers crossed 🙁

I want to ask .. Does BSNL allow plan changing in the middle of the month ? Or do I have to wait for the month to end to get a new plan?:ashamed: