Customer Cpe Device Options

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,941

mrjain

ISP
Hathway - 512k
hello,I just moved to Bombay and looking to get the MTNL service, it seems to be the best based on what i can get in my area. I was looking through the MTNL website and it mentions you can provide your own CPE (customer premise equipment) device. What is the most often recommended device?I will probably wait till after Aug 15th, i really hope this triband unlimited option happens.thanks,mrj

You can always go for the D-Link DSL-502T or if you fantasize messing things you cna go for the DSG-502T from D-link again.I suggest going in for DSL-502T coz its good and stable.....Tejas

I dont know if its relevant for u but DSL 502T has a flaw. If u have frequent power cuts in your area then D-Link will not provide u stable connectivity even if u attach it a UPS. It has a tendency of losing the adsl link on short power cuts..

thanks, based on the input it's going to D-Link. Also, if you guys (and gals) are Apple users, I just checked out the new Apple Store at Atria mall today. Awesome, exited that Apple has a store in Bombay. It's called Imagine and on the 3rd floor of atria.enjoy,mrj

Have a look at this internal device on ebay. Seller claims it works with mtnl/bsnl service although it is just adsl
one not the adsl2+ which mtnl supports.

Anyway in India we are not going to see the speed of adsl for residential user in near future

Where do you live? My cousin recently brought 502T with 1 yr warranty for 1700 from Nehru Place Though i am sure he didn't bargained much so anything below that should be a deal.

Hi

Apart from using the D-Link-502T which other router can we use with MTNL
I want to buy a wireless router...
Can some one suggest any one which is working with the MTNL triband

regards
Parin

QUOTE(manish jain @ Aug 10 2006, 11:27 AM) [snapback]58167[/snapback]
hello,

I just moved to Bombay and looking to get the MTNL service, it seems to be the best based on what i can get in my area.

I was looking through the MTNL website and it mentions you can provide your own CPE (customer premise equipment) device. What is the most often recommended device?

I will probably wait till after Aug 15th, i really hope this triband unlimited option happens.

thanks,

mrj
[/b]

QUOTE(laarijo @ Aug 17 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]58812[/snapback]
Hi

Apart from using the D-Link-502T which other router can we use with MTNL
I want to buy a wireless router...
Can some one suggest any one which is working with the MTNL triband

regards
Parin
[/b]

Just visit "Cassette World" opposite 2 Lamington Road Police station. Its d best place 2 buy cheap, genuine computer h/w parts. U can try buying d Modem from here itself. U can call Salim on 23872034 2 chk d latest rates prevailing @ Cassette World. D-Link also has a Wifi model...just chk tht out. I suggest better 2 have a modem from MTNL since MTNL will replace it whenever its faulty...just like it does 4 d phones 🙂

QUOTE(baudhayan @ Aug 17 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]58878[/snapback]
Just visit "Cassette World" opposite 2 Lamington Road Police station. Its d best place 2 buy cheap, genuine computer h/w parts. U can try buying d Modem from here itself. U can call Salim on 23872034 2 chk d latest rates prevailing @ Cassette World. D-Link also has a Wifi model...just chk tht out. I suggest better 2 have a modem from MTNL since MTNL will replace it whenever its faulty...just like it does 4 d phones 🙂
[/b]

dude thanks man.

mrj

QUOTE(manish jain @ Aug 18 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]58922[/snapback]
dude thanks man.

mrj
[/b]

okay it seems the rental is Rs 80/month, vs Rs 1700 for buying it. It does seem better to have MTNL maintain it and charge a rental of 80/month. That works out to 21 months if i buy it out right, i think i will rent and not have the headache of buying it and then getting the run around if something happens to the line.