Customer Cpe Device Options

mrjain

[OP]
Jun 23, 2006
hello,I just moved to Bombay and looking to get the MTNL service, it seems to be the best based on what i can get in my area. I was looking through the MTNL website and it mentions you can provide your own CPE (customer premise equipment) device. What is the most often recommended device?I will probably wait till after Aug 15th, i really hope this triband unlimited option happens.thanks,mrj

tthakker

Jul 7, 2006
You can always go for the D-Link DSL-502T or if you fantasize messing things you cna go for the DSG-502T from D-link again.I suggest going in for DSL-502T coz its good and stable.....Tejas

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mar 11, 2005
Delhi
I dont know if its relevant for u but DSL 502T has a flaw. If u have frequent power cuts in your area then dlink will not provide u stable connectivity even if u attach it a UPS. It has a tendency of losing the adsl link on short power cuts..

mrjain

[OP]
Jun 23, 2006
thanks, based on the input it's going to DLink. Also, if you guys (and gals) are Apple users, I just checked out the new Apple Store at Atria mall today. Awesome, exited that Apple has a store in Bombay. It's called Imagine and on the 3rd floor of atria.enjoy,mrj

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Have a look at this internal device on ebay. Seller claims it works with mtnl/bsnl service although it is just adsl
one not the adsl2+ which mtnl supports.

Anyway in India we are not going to see the speed of adsl for residential user in near future

GSV13

Special Member
Regulars
Apr 14, 2006
Where do you live? My cousin recently brought 502T with 1 yr warranty for 1700 from Nehru Place Though i am sure he didn't bargained much so anything below that should be a deal.