Wifi on Reliance Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ornelansmend
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 28,788
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the help guys!

i spoke to relaince cc and they said in addition to 24hrs auto log out there is also a feature of idle logout every 30 mins ..... have you experienced this, and suppose i am logged into skype or ymessenger but not on using my ppc will i get logged out every 30 mins?

No. You won't get logged out if you're signed into some IM app. These apps usually keep the connection active.

I was logged out after 30 mins. when I switched off my PC but forgot to switch off that RCom modem.

Hello Ranjit, I must thank you for your informative videos.
Now I want to trouble you a litle bit, as I noted that you had migrated from Airtel broadband to Reliance Broadband, I am also in the same boat.

I have a Broadband router + Modem by Beetel..
the model number is 450 BXI
I want to use my Reliance BB connection with this wifi modem, until the time when I get a new Broadband router..
I am planning to get this model by Asus btw..ASUS DSL N10
So please help me setting this up 🙂

Thanks in Advance.
You don't need to logon each time when you need to use the net, the first time you logon you will get a login portal and then you use your login and password given by reliance to logon there after you can browse without any issues from multiple computers if you have connected it via a wifi router, the login expires automatically after 24 hours so after that again you need to logon to the reliance portal to continue browsing, the sad part is that the session auto logs you out every 24 hours and there is no setting to increase the same.

I suggest you see this vid that I made it will make a lot of things a lot clearer to you

YouTube - Reliance Broadband Review (Wired Connection)

@coolmanish

have a Broadband router + Modem by Beetel.. 450 BXI
VPI/VCI for Airtel is 1 and 32.
VPi/VCI for Reliance 0 and 35 (same as Bsnl adsl BB)
All settings ( Including SSID of Airtel security key ) can remain same.
Airtel DNS change : use Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

see this link with screen shots:
Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem
or "sticky" Post in BSNL Broadband Forum WA3002_g4 quick reference Guide by me.
( remember including a YouTube Video )
Feedback.

Additional Info :: Beetel 450BXI has WDS mode . Another WIFI router with similar menu item WDS/WDM
can be interlinked without ANY Rj45 cables. to increase the wifi activity area.(* conditions apply !!!)

Feedback.

Thanks a lot for replying. but I wanted to know about Reliance wireline broadband services, as you have mentioned these and links to your screenshot tutorial, may I ask you to provide the link of the video too 🙂
I would be very happy if your settings come true for reliance too..

@coolmanish

have a Broadband router + Modem by Beetel.. 450 BXI
VPI/VCI for Airtel is 1 and 32.
VPi/VCI for Reliance 0 and 35 (same as Bsnl adsl BB)
All settings ( Including SSID of Airtel security key ) can remain same.
Airtel DNS change : use Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

see this link with screen shots:
Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem
or "sticky" Post in BSNL Broadband Forum WA3002_g4 quick reference Guide by me.
( remember including a YouTube Video )
Feedback.

Additional Info :: Beetel 450BXI has WDS mode . Another WIFI router with similar menu item WDS/WDM
can be interlinked without ANY Rj45 cables. to increase the wifi activity area.(* conditions apply !!!)

Feedback.

Well I bought the Linksys WRT120N and lo and behold it auto configured the reliance wireline connection.. 🙂but after two days of usage and logging in, I had to copy my pc mac address to the router..

Hello everybody i am also an existing user of reliance broadband , I got an ethernet wire of broadband .Now my question is that how can i create an adhoc connection to use the internet on two laptops simultaneously. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.