• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 28,790
Status
Not open for further replies.

ornelansmend

ISP
SIFY
I am planning to shift from Airtel to reliance. However can someone tell me if an external wifi like beljin wifi be used on reliance BB.I want to use my laptop and internet on mobile via wifi.Can someone tell me if that can be used on Reliance.

Yes sure why not, It used to be a big problem about a year or so ago but lately reliance wired broadband is working perfectly fine with Wifi routers, I have tried it using Belkin N+ and Linksys routers without any problems.

Some one told me that because it does not use the ADSL technology it is difficult to use a WIFI router. Please suggest if you have any more information for a noob like me. I mean someone also told me that you need to login each time on a web page to use the connection which adds to the WIFI issue.

Some one told me that because it does not use the ADSL technology it is difficult to use a WIFI router. Please suggest if you have any more information for a noob like me. I mean someone also told me that you need to login each time on a web page to use the connection which adds to the WIFI issue.

You don't need to logon each time when you need to use the net, the first time you logon you will get a login portal and then you use your login and password given by reliance to logon there after you can browse without any issues from multiple computers if you have connected it via a wifi router, the login expires automatically after 24 hours so after that again you need to logon to the reliance portal to continue browsing, the sad part is that the session auto logs you out every 24 hours and there is no setting to increase the same.

I suggest you see this vid that I made it will make a lot of things a lot clearer to you

- Reliance Broadband Review (Wired Connection)[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumpty Bump.What will be the total cost for a new broadband connection plus a wifi router in DELHI. Please recommend a plan that fits my budget of Rs 1000 (or less) per month and provides true VFMI am not a heavy downloader, but I do watch YouTube (in normal quality), sometimes a lot.If you can post cost of the wifi router and some models then that would be really awesome. And yeah, average range will suffice.

Reliance broadband uses ADSL technology, who says it does not. But yes as ranjitbhar said we have to login after 24hrs as it logs the system out from the server.

You can either create a setup using the Reliance telephone line > Reliance ADSL modem > Wireless Router (Belkin or Linksys, etc.) > Your devices.

Or

Reliance telephone line > Wifi ADSL Modem+Router > Your devices.

I personally prefer the second one as it prevents me using multiple devices (i.e. the Reliance ADSL Router) to achieve a simple task to connect to the Internet.

2 desktop PC's in different floors(1st & 2nd). Internet possible with wifi router?

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Bumpty Bump.
What will be the total cost for a new broadband connection plus a wifi router in DELHI.
Please recommend a plan that fits my budget of Rs 1000 (or less) per month and provides true VFM
I am not a heavy downloader, but I do watch YouTube (in normal quality), sometimes a lot.
If you can post cost of the wifi router and some models then that would be really awesome.
And yeah, average range will suffice.
Welcome to Reliance Communications
You can go for 1 mbps @ Rs.1099. Wi-fi? no idea

BTW MTNL has introduced some offer for Delhiites.

Waival off one time non refundable charges of CPE of both normal ( Rs 300/-) and Wi-Fi (Rs.800/-) modems for all Broadband Plans. However the monthly service charges of normal modem Rs. 50/- and for wi-fi modem Rs. 75/- will be charged as usual. The scheme is for 30 days w.e.f. 18 -03-2011
I already have a D-Link 502T modem so, I just need a Wi-Fi router from them. Hmmm...
Going to visit sanchar haat soon to see if there is some Zero Rental landline connection available.

Postpaid Combo Plans are good, but, there is just one question.
If I take Combo 600+ Night^Booster then my monthly bill is going to be Rs 749 + 12% Tax or are there any other charges too?
They have mentioned on the site "No Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) rental." Just Rs 500 Installation Charges.
Can someone confirm it?

Its Rs.749 + tax = 826.15 was my last month bill & no hidden charges. Initial investment(installation charges) Rs.500 only, nothing else.

2 desktop PC's in different floors(1st & 2nd). Internet possible with wifi router?

That's what WiFi is for.
Depending on the distance and disturbance,
you can ask Reliance for a list of compatible routers and yeah your PC must have a WiFi adapter.

There is a big difference between the two.ADSL WiFi routers have the feature of connecting your phone line directly to it so that it could connect you to the internet.WiFi router just makes the internet connection WiFi(Wireless).

What's the diff. between these two?

There is a big difference between the two.
ADSL WiFi routers have the feature of connecting your phone line directly to it so that it could connect you to the internet.
WiFi router just makes the internet connection WiFi(Wireless).

ADSL WIFI router is two devices built into one. Under normal situation we tend to use an ADSL modem provided by the broadband provider and a WIFI router, to create a wireless network. With ADSL WIFI router we eliminate the existence of ADSL modem. ADSL WIFI routers are expensive than normal WIFI routers.

PS: If you want to create a wireless connection with Reliance broadband go for ADSL Wifi with Mac Encapsulation protocol (which Reliance broadband supports). If you want cheap and durable ADSL Wifi routers look for WIFI routers provided by Airtel, BSNL or MTNL. Specifically for Mac Encapsulation protocol support. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.