• Views Views 7,632

siddhesh

ISP
Sify and MTNL
Hi guys,

AntiDialer 0.2 is released. You may get it from:

http://siddhesh.phpnet.us/antidialer.php

Changelog:

* Version number bump. Only those downloading from CVS will have noticed this.
I'm doing this since there have eventually been large changes in the plugin
framework and the configuration options module. I'd say more than enough to
increment a point release ;-)
* Feature Request #1530816: MAC Address spoofing is now part of the dialer
To activate, simply edit the configuraton file $HOME/.antidialer/antidialerrc
and enter the desired MAC address in the ""value property of the "MacAddress"
element.
* Bug Fix: The dialer now adds missing configuration elements into the config
file. Thanks to Tathagata Banerjee for sending this report in.
* Redesign of the plugin framework. The plugin framework is now cleaner and
hence faster. This also fixed some obscure bug by which the dialer crashed
when exactly one config element was missing. Fret not, this bug was only in
the 0.1.1 CVS and not in the older releases.

Please let me know if you find any bugs in it. You may post them on the sourceforge bug report page. The sourceforge page is at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/antidialer/

Regards,
Siddhesh

If someone has access to a BSD/Solaris system, please let me know whether antidialer compiles on them.

Regards,
Siddhesh

I am facing this error "Please upgrade the client to latest version".I came to know that we should contact sify customercare to allow my ip to use old protocol.Why is antidialer still using old protocol?Will future version of antidialer use new protocol??

The old protocol was well documented at the time I wrote antidialer. The new protocol uses some crypto and breaking it would lead to legal hassles; there is a thread on this in this forum. Also, there is no need to upgrade to the new protocol unnecessarily. Sify allows use of the old protocol for Linux. Just contact their CC and they'll add you to some exclude list due to which you'll be able to use any Linux based dialers (antidialer, sifyconnect, etc.)

Hi Siddesh,I am planning to port this onto Solaris. All the libraries required are available on solaris too. If you can help me out in free time ,it will be of great help.Thanks,Satya.

That's great! Anything I can do to help. Do share patches with me, if any. I'd love to merge it into the current source code on SF.Siddhesh

Hi Siddesh,I am facing some problems when compiling with and without Qt. Without Qt will it be a commandline program?With Qt====== configure is able to detect the qt libraries but the Qt test program fails. Unable to fix this. So I am stuck with configure stage if I am using Qt.Here is the message.checking for Qt... yes: QT_CXXFLAGS=-I/opt/csw//include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT QT_DIR=/opt/csw/ QT_LIBS=-L/opt/csw//lib -lqt-mt -lSM -lICE -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -lX11 -lXext -lXmu -lXt -lXi -lsocket -lnsl QT_UIC=/opt/csw//bin/uic QT_MOC=/opt/csw//bin/mocchecking correct functioning of Qt installation... failureconfigure: error: Failed to find matching components of a complete Qt installation. Try using more options, see ./configure --helpWithout QT=========Passes the configure stage but fails in gmake stage. In systools.cpp the functions for getting MAC address are linux specific .So it fails saying cannot include linux/if.h . I am not sure about this.systools.cpp: In member function `long int SysTools::mac_addr_sys(char*)':systools.cpp:70: error: `SIOCGIFCONF' undeclared (first use this function)systools.cpp:70: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)systools.cpp:75: error: `SIOCGIFFLAGS' undeclared (first use this function)systools.cpp:77: error: `SIOCGIFHWADDR' undeclared (first use this function)systools.cpp:87: error: 'struct ifreq' has no member named 'ifr_hwaddr'systools.cpp:87: error: `bcopy' undeclared (first use this function) If you wish we can coordinate by email. Any idea on how to fix these issues?Thanks a lot,Satya.

There must be a Solaris or generic Unix alternative for linux/if.h. I'll let you know if I find it. You could email me at siddhesh .dot. poyarekar @at@ gmail .dot. com.Do you have a net/if.h ? That too has the defined symbols.

Hey Siddhesh,

I found one MAC getter program in C. I was able to compile it.
Here is the link : Kompf.de - MAC Address

I don't know how to test it. What should be passed as argument to the program?

Looks like it also works on linux ,HP-UX too..

If possible can you test it on linux and also let me know how to test it

-Satya