• Thread starter Thread starter dsneih
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,221

dsneih

da Mafia
ISP
BSNL
Government of India’s Department of Telecom (DoT) all set to adopt the new policy and regulation on electromagnetic radiation emitted by Mobile Phones in India.

With the adoption of new norms, all the Importers and Local manufacturers of Mobile Phone in India would now be required to follow international norms pertaining to electromagnetic radiation emitted by mobile phones.

Mobile handsets manufactured and sold in India or Imported from any other countries should be checked for compliance of SAR limit and No handsets of SAR value above the prescribed standard adopted in India should be manufactured or sold in the country.The manufacturer’s mobile handset booklet should contain various Dos & Don’ts for safe use of cell phones.

India To Adopt International Norms for Radiation Free Mobile
Phone

This is good ... as many cheap Chinese companies dumping there product over here and they are have more SAR value which is harmful for us ..

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Check SAR value of your handset

Yes, good move.Earlier I was not worried... whoever took Chinese phone.. i wud tell them abt radiation problem... if they listen then fine else i wont bother.but now there are so many chinese phones.. i am worried..when travelling in train i am constantly in touch with 1 or 2 person who has such high radiation phone.so even when it was not my fault..my health was under risk.so completely good move.

New radiation norms: Manufacturers have to phase out old phones by August 2013 - Tech News - IBNLive

A copy of a note by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) to mobile phone manufacturers, which was reviewed by Mint, gives the manufacturers a year more before their handsets that are not in line with the new radiation norms are phased out.
This is the latest in an ongoing attempt by the department to make mobile handset manufacturers conform to the new radiation norms. So far, the September 1 deadline persists for new models to comply with the Specific absorption rate (SAR) norms, while older phones can do so till August 31, 2013.
As per a notice by DoT in January, the SAR value had been revised to 1.6 watts per kilogram from 2 watts per kilogram (W/kg).

The revision came following a recommendation of an internal committee of the government comprising officials and experts from the DoT, the Indian Council of Medical Research, the Department of Biotechnology, the Ministries of Health, and the Ministry of Environment and Forests. The committee then submitted its recommendations in November.
As part of the new reforms, every handset manufactured in or imported to the country will be monitored for its compliance with the SAR limit, and no handsets with SAR count above the permissible limit will be allowed to be sold.
Radiation from mobile phones has been a topic of active discussion in the country, especially at a time when the device is so popular. We had reported earlier that there was a growing need for the government to tackle the mobile phone radiation problem on a war footing.