Review of Spectranet wired BB

• Thread starter Thread starter moindear
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 36,103
They do have a FUP specified on their website, but I have not been penalised for crossing it yet

Spectranet has a definite FUP - Fair Usage Policy

@donthave your FUP is 85GB, then speed goes to 256kbps!

It Depends on your local cable operator. if he decides to put fup then he will put it or else u may get a ul connection!

I called them for thousand times .... they dont giv a call back.... can u giv any persons no .... I am living near iskon 🙁

I called them for thousand times .... they dont giv a call back.... can u giv any persons no .... I am living near iskon 🙁

Try contacting ur local cable operator. In my case too the people from Spectranet never called back but when I talked to the local cable operator, came to know that the cable network is providing internet from Spectranet.

9945531112..just try calling this number... He is a Spectranet guy for entire Bangalore Area. just give him a call and ask him about any local cable guy number who is supplying Spectranet in your area.. i am sure he will help you out..BTW i am also using Spectranet for two months now and i have no issues in terms of speed and connectivity.. but the only fact is i am using 2Mbps connection and the rates what the website is saying and the operator asking is entirely different... Let me know if you need anything....

I have been using spectranet since a few days and man wat a customer care they have...they gave me two numbers some Suresh and some other guys well last three days the internet connection is not working and when I contacted these guys they said they will come to my place by half an hour since two days whenever I call them up they say the same thing but never turn up....tommorow onwards they stopped picking up my call after repeatedly calling for 5 to 7 today the guy finally picked up the call and said Sir cable was cut..blah blah....and UPS is not working I asked him why u didnt pick my call to this he said...sir I had nothing to say so I didnt pick up the call :O..and now he said everything is fixed and yet...there is no connection at my place.....and no one picks up the calll.....I called the guys number mentioned in the post and he too before listening to my problem said I will call back and hung up...so here I am no connection no one to help..helplesss ....when the connection is up it gives a nice speed definitely..but if the connection is up !!!!!!

Hi Guys,I am new to Spectranet and i have actually taken the connection 2 days back. I have opted for the 600+taxes plan for the 512kbps connection and I feel it is really so-so types. Next month plan to go for the 1Mbps and also planning to ask my cable guy to lay a wire direct to his place and not from a link from my neighbour. Hopefully he does that, but until now satisfied with the quick installation and hassle free process and looks cheap as well. Now I have an issue this cable connection is static? Not sure about it but I have been trying to setup my WiFi router to work with this connection.I have a E3000 and E1200(plans to use it as a repeater) both are running Custom firmwares E3000 runs Tomato and E1200 runs DD-WRT. After all this and multiple 30-30-30 resets on E3000 i am unable to set spectranet to go wireless. Could somebody let me know the procedure/ settings or whatever you guys have done for the WiFi to behave as it should. Please let me know my phone and tablet have not had internet for quite a while now. The cable guy had a tough time connecting my internet settings leave alone explaining him Tomato and DD wrt, so guys help needed. Thanks in advance for your kind help.

@ifyoucare
Nothing complicated, it uses the basic wifi settings. Spectranet(like tikona) has web based login system so you cannot store the password on the router.

Just go to your router settings and select the option that doesn't require the password. Your cable guy should have given you the network ip settings: Similar to the below (use static settings)

Don't forget the dns data.