Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I do not care what the status of Hayai is at this point of time. I have no idea whether Hayai is a real venture and whether it would indeed launch in India in the near future. I just have one thing to say. I seriously hope you are real. And Hayai is real. And you manage to launch your operations in the coming weeks/months. And you are able to provide affordable high speed broadband to the Indian consumer. And the quality of service is excellent and it stays like that in the future. And I also hope that you get all the support you need to expand your network throughout the country even though you would be targeting the major cities initially. You are probably the only hope Indian broadband scene has right now. My experiences dealing with airtel representatives have left me all freaked out. I have spent so much time and effort to get a simple point across. And it is simply not working. I have shown my faith in you since the first post you made on broadbandforum.co long time back. I still have complete faith in your ideology. Just do not prove me and other members of this forum who are rooting for you wrong!

???

Something like this needs to be posted its been hell of waiting!!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Waiting and waiting Since August 2009-FEB 2011 Almost 18 months and no signs of hayai existence as a isp in india. By now it should have opted for ip addressing by APNIC.

Too much waiting is bad..... I hope hayai does not become what the nano car has been... a big hit then a big flop...

I am going to take a shower now, cannot not wait long 4 mg's reply??

U all guyz must be stunned!! What to do water scarcity is here in my society, i live in a state of poverty!! WTF how can indians survive here!!

you do realize that access to potable water makes you part of a minority if we look at the global population? people do not have roof over their head. they do not get food two times a day. they do not have safe water to drink. and you are complaining about water to shower.

I do not care what the status of Hayai is at this point of time.

I have no idea whether Hayai is a real venture and whether it would indeed launch in India in the near future.

I just have one thing to say. I seriously hope you are real. And Hayai is real. And you manage to launch your operations in the coming weeks/months. And you are able to provide affordable high speed broadband to the Indian consumer. And the quality of service is excellent and it stays like that in the future. And I also hope that you get all the support you need to expand your network throughout the country even though you would be targeting the major cities initially.

You are probably the only hope Indian broadband scene has right now. My experiences dealing with airtel representatives have left me all freaked out. I have spent so much time and effort to get a simple point across. And it is simply not working. I have shown my faith in you since the first post you made on broadbandforum.co long time back. I still have complete faith in your ideology. Just do not prove me and other members of this forum who are rooting for you wrong!

I can assure you, we're very much for real. There are many people who are working hard to get this operation under way. We're jumping through all sorts of hoops in order to get things fast-tracked (including huge amounts of control of the company being relinquished to Indian citizens). But it is a huge battle. If I were able to talk to myself 2 years ago I'd probably try and talk myself out of it, but here I am, 100% committed to bringing this service to life in both India and New Zealand.

In NZ, we're working with Velocity Networks for our initial fibre rollout in the city of Hamilton. FX is providing much of our domestic backhaul. Citylink will be helping us rollout in Auckland and Wellington, as well as providing peering in any of the 27 peering facilities around NZ. And Kordia has agreed (conditionally) to help us out with International Capacity, Domestic Capacity, Rural and Wireless access, including, potentially our ability to deliver cellular services. Vocus and Orcon (a subsidiary of Kordia) will be additional suppliers of transit bandwidth and peering in Sydney, Australia. Pacific Fibre has offered us a sweetheart deal if we agree to become an anchor tenant on their upcoming international cable.

In India, we're working as you know with Honesty Net Solutions for helping us roll out in Mumbai, Pune and some other cities are on the map. HNS has also been helping us out on the wireless side too, as well as helping us get a foothold with fiber in their area. We're consorting with them to purchase bandwidth from the big 3 (Bharti, Reliance and Tata) in order to get the prices down. There has been some talk of Hayai taking over HNS's retail services but it hasn't got past that stage yet. E2E Networks and another ISP who I can't name yet is working with us in NCR. E2E has been providing us with hosting and will be putting servers in our data centers in order to be part of the Hayai Zone, and they will take care of all the game-server companies who want to host with us. Railtel has agreed to help us out with inter-city transit.

In both countries, our primary purpose is to build a platform to provide excellent services on, then build the last mile to deliver it. Fortunately, regulations doesn't stop us from actually putting together infrastructure, so we have been able to get things rolling on that side. Unfortunately, this is also the most expensive bit, which is part of the reason some of our charges are comparatively high as compared to other operators. But never to mind, there is plenty of funding for the telecoms market!

After many changes over the last year, Alcatel has been chosen (at least for FTTH platform) since they have some of the best equipment available for delivering what we want to deliver. It's more expensive than some of the other options, but they're doing excellent things in Europe, and I figure that since our aim is to bring European quality Internet to India, it has turned out to be a good match thus far. Their platform is extremely scaleable, and will allow us to migrate from 1 to 10Gbit/s to each home when that time comes, as their latest equipment already supports it, and I'm told will soon be capable of 10Gbit/s symmetrical.

I am still anticipating to be coming to India during March to try and hurry along some of the paperwork - probably in about 2-3 weeks or so. If I am successful in ensuring paperwork is completed and the green-light is given, then we will finally be able to launch very soon after that in all 3 cities - I, more than any of you, am anxious to get this show on the road, especially considering the sheer amount of money that has gone in to Hayai in both countries - many tens of thousands of dollars from my own pockets and more from investors around the world, with still more that has been pledged (though contracts have not been signed).

you do realize that access to potable water makes you part of a minority if we look at the global population? people do not have roof over their head. they do not get food two times a day. they do not have safe water to drink. and you are complaining about water to shower.

what happen to u suddenly??

oh Hayai NZ is also not launched yet?! I thought it was already launched, if yes, why website is not functioning?

oh Hayai NZ is also not launched yet?! I thought it was already launched, if yes, why website is not functioning?

Like India, Hayai NZ is still bring built, but we have limited amounts of coverage already - the service is available in about 100 apartments in Hamilton's CBD.

100 apartments. pilot test program. probably being provided for free or some minimal advance payments. a website is only required if you cannot deal with the customers on a personal level.

How can u operate without the site functioning???
How would people know the tariffs, or online payment, this is actually an unprofessional work.

We're not actively selling the services to clients yet. With 100 customers we'd be losing about $20-25k per month, which isn't much, however I'm not prepared to bear such a loss for the sake of selling the service earlier than we should. It's called "mitigating commercial exposure", and even New Zealand's largest telco has been doing that with it's FTTH network which is available in a few select areas of Auckland... and what used to be Christchurch.

I want to have at least 500 customers on board and a few thousand homes passed, so that we can break even (at least on the operational expenses) from day 1 - and that's what is being built now.

You might say it's unprofessional, but this is business 101, economics 101, investing 101 - the bean counters and bankers prefer that we do these things before they start committing millions of dollars in bank guarantees, loans or investments for us (which are required to even get a service agreement out of the companies I've mentioned).

100 apartments. pilot test program. probably being provided for free or some minimal advance payments. a website is only required if you cannot deal with the customers on a personal level.

Basically, yes. It's more-or-less proof of concept. It helps us get all these companies on board to see what we're doing.

Umm.. may be u can post feedback from some of those 100 users on ur website.

Umm.. may be u can post feedback from some of those 100 users on ur website.

We don't have 100 users, it's only available to 100 apartments, and out of those, only a few have taken it up so far (the technically apt ones). Those who have taken it up are contractually obliged to keep things private and assist us while we iron out any potential issues (there hasn't been anything to speak of though), but I don't think any of them have Hayai as their primary connection (since we can stop the beta at any time).

Since we've proved the concept, as we are able to complete more of the infrastructure, we will do a marketing push and officially launch once there is some decent coverage. In essence, this is quite similar to how we're doing things in India, except the same amount of infrastructure passes many many more premises (more dense).

Status
Not open for further replies.