• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 9,227

nevillek

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband/Hathway
Hi Mumbai ppl,How is your fivenet connection working and what plans are you using? My major concern is, does it get disconnected often? I read somewhere that it disconnects twice everyday for a minute or two for change of servers? Is this true for everyone? Thanks

well, not sure about daily disconnection,but it does disconnect after every 2 GB data download or upload.

This thread might be valuable, but there are a few threads about frequent disconnections that do not bode well for Fivenet's reliability (I've heard mostly good things about them), so my advice to nevillek in another thread may be off!

If it's correct that people are frequently experiencing disconnections with Fivenet (especially those on different cablewalas), then I'll discontinue recommending them as an option until we come along. Otherwise, if it's a cablewala problem (as this thread seems to suggest), then it's one of those things that'll come down to "your mileage may vary".

This thread might be valuable, but there are a few threads about frequent disconnections that do not bode well for Fivenet's reliability (I've heard mostly good things about them), so my advice to nevillek in another thread may be off!

If it's correct that people are frequently experiencing disconnections with Fivenet (especially those on different cablewalas), then I'll discontinue recommending them as an option until we come along. Otherwise, if it's a cablewala problem (as this thread seems to suggest), then it's one of those things that'll come down to "your mileage may vary".

Disconnection after 2 GB transfer is applicable to all fivenet users.BTW on 27 Feb we celebrate "Jagtik marathi bhasha din"(World Marathi Language Day). so you can wish your wife, as she is maharashtrian 🙂

Disconnection after 2 GB transfer is applicable to all fivenet users.BTW on 27 Feb we celebrate "Jagtik marathi bhasha din"(World Marathi Language Day). so you can wish your wife, as she is maharashtrian 🙂

Really? I've not heard any complaints about that from other users - even my Mrs has not complained of this phenomenon and she's on Fivenet until Hayai gets there.

BTW on 27 Feb we celebrate "Jagtik marathi bhasha din"(World Marathi Language Day). so you can wish your wife, as she is maharashtrian 🙂

I'll make a note of it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh India... always celebrating something or other. The land of the perennial holiday 😀

Really? I've not heard any complaints about that from other users - even my Mrs has not complained of this phenomenon and she's on Fivenet until Hayai gets there.

May be she doesn't use DC++ otherwise i don't think ladies are fond of downloading.

May be she doesn't use DC++ otherwise i don't think ladies are fond of downloading.

That's a bit stereotypical, don't you think? I don't think she uses DC++ (I've not taught her to) but torrents yes.

Although it's not a 50/50 split, the private trackers of which I'm a member have an average of about 33% of the subscribers claiming to be female.

my wife can saturate my entire bandwidth if i let her do it using torrents.

this is off topic but I got to post this

how ofte n do u see the SITE OP alone working on all front of discussion. ???? :wink:

ah well. what to do. i have little else to do with my free time now that i have been unemployed for like a decade now 🙁

i am not sure if most of u know but some of the best BR rippers and the 1 i prefer d/l from are females. In fact i used to think that my fav riper was a "HE" when its acually a "She". Not to mention that some of them are in their early 30's. One popular example i can give is that the popular torrent site K**D are mostly run by the ladies !!

Hi Mumbai ppl,

How is your fivenet connection working and what plans are you using? My major concern is, does it get disconnected often? I read somewhere that it disconnects twice everyday for a minute or two for change of servers? Is this true for everyone?

Thanks

well it used to disconnect between 8:30 and 9..it used to differ from area to area.in my area at 8:56 am and pm sharp. it used to reconnect at 8:57 again. but from couple of days it has stoped. So im happy 😀

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

well, not sure about daily disconnection,but it does disconnect after every 2 GB data download or upload.

yeh this is a big problem when i have to download 4gb print from the hub, or games or somethn which is bigger than 1.7-1.8gb.. well now i guess every1 is used to it..

does anyone know how is fivenet in chembur and does any1 have no of local cable person here

Swastik Cable
9870507043 or 9224697985