Airtel Home 699 Unlimited

• Thread starter Thread starter vintage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,135

vintage

ISP
mtnl
Ok, I asked the airtel guys to install the broadband today ... finally!But contrary to what I have ome to understand from posts made in this forum, the airtel cc executive said the following:1) The phone instrument would cost - b/w Rs. 500 to Rs 1000 depending on what features I want.2) The modem would cost (either a one time installation fee or monthly rental)Is this true? What exactly is a 'modem' here .. a router?Thanks for the help!

its a modem...220 bx adsl modem

1. You get a free phone 'line' with the Home 699 plan, the phone instrument is not included. You can use ur own (in which case it won't cost u anythin) or take one from them;Beetel Caller ID - Rs 500Beetel Cordless (crappy model) - Rs 1000.The phone will still belong to Airtel but they'll provide u with free replacements if anythin goes wrong with it.2. They usually provide a Beetel 220BX modem. There's a one time modem security charge of Rs 500. No other registration or installation charges. The 699 bucks/month includes modem rental. From what i was told even if one buys his own modem, they'll charge 500 bucks registration instead of the security then and ur monthly charges will still remain 699 (confirm this) so there's no point in buying ur own modem.To summarize, the initial costs would be 500 (modem security) + another 500/1000 bucks if u opt for a phone instrument. Minimum monthly bill would be 699+12% VAT assuming u don't make any phone calls.

The 699 bucks/month includes modem rental. From what i was told even if one buys his own modem, they'll charge 500 bucks registration instead of the security then and ur monthly charges will still remain 699 (confirm this) so there's no point in buying ur own modem.[/b]

i can confirm that i asked this same que to the CC long time ago and they sed that even if u use ur own modem the rental(699) would remain unchanged, its ur wish u want the modem or not.

now i want to know..u ppl said airtel will provide a phoneline.....so every month i have to pay for it...i m not ready to change my mtnl landline

airtel does not charge any rental for phones. so if you dont make any calls, you dont pay anything.u just pay rental for modem and phone (optional) and the net package and the stupid taxes. service and education cess.

actually they do charge rental for phones, it's just that with the Home 699 plus and 999 plus, they don't charge rental... AFAIK....

well. those two plans are the only worthwhile plans on airtel. if you are not going to need unlimited net connection, better stay away from airtel coz its expensive.

so u say if i dont make calls through airtel local but i do receive calls on it...does it mean i wont receive any bills??????

@magenet nothing is free in this world 😉. Its quite simple for combo plans there is no additional rental for phone. So say you take home 699 unlimited plan & even if you don't make any calls, your bill will still be 699+ taxes extra. There are no incoming call charges. In fact in India there are no incoming call charges for any type of phones(fixed/cell) except for roaming on cellphones.

thks forreply and really cleared all my doubts btw dude..how much speed u get????and how many gbs u download?????

QUOTE(magnet @ Aug 20 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]59176[/snapback]
thks forreply and really cleared all my doubts btw dude..how much speed u get????and how many gbs u download?????
[/b]

Well i have the home 999 plan and my speeds 23-27KBps during day and 55-57KBps during night. Upload speed. Regading GB's 🙄 its simple i don't keep track as its a unlimited plan plus the fact that iam a bit lazy 😉