Post your internet budget with your usage and speed requirement.

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 26,066
Status
Not open for further replies.

acc1444

Regular
ISP
Multiple
Hey IBF members,There are lots of companies in india which provide internet service but no one gives a guarantee of 99.9% uptime and 100% stable connectivity. And also, no company shows the correct usage if user has chosen limited tariff. I think hayai can provide committed speed, no downtime as per mg discussed about his technology and not sure about but I hope hayai can show correct usage of a user.According to me, I want you all to reply with your monthly budget as well as with your usage and speed requirement of internet connection. And also post your recent internet tariff, type of connection(DSL, ADSL, cat-5, wimax, etc) and ISP name. So, mgcarley can get an idea about customer requirement. I am not telling that you have rights to decide own tariff in hayai broadband. I started this just to an idea. Thnx Waiting for reply.acc1444=================================================do not ask to limit bandwidth after getting usage over.hayai will not offer any FUPs on their network according mg. Just refer update tariff before comparing with hayai.

Hey IBF members,

There are lots of companies in india which provide internet service but no one gives a guarantee of 99.9% uptime and 100% stable connectivity. And also, no company shows the correct usage if user has chosen limited tariff. I think hayai can provide committed speed, no downtime as per mg discussed about his technology and not sure about but I hope hayai can show correct usage of a user.

According to me, I want you all to reply with your monthly budget as well as with your usage and speed requirement of internet connection. And also post your recent internet tariff, type of connection(DSL, ADSL, cat-5, wimax, etc) and ISP name. So, mgcarley can get an idea about customer requirement.

I am not telling that you have rights to decide own tariff in hayai broadband. I started this just to an idea.

Thnx
Waiting for reply.
acc1444

We already did a survey on this when I first came up with the idea in 2009 😀

We found most people's usage would increase by not more than 60%, no matter what plan they got.

We already know and accept that we're going to be somewhat of a niche company, because our aim is to provide India's Fastest Broadband, not India's Cheapest Broadband - however combining our proposed tariffs with the speeds and everything else should create a new category entirely: India's Best Value for Money Broadband!

I am not telling that you have rights to decide own tariff in hayai broadband.

As a matter of fact, we do.
You can set a bill limit, and you will not receive more bill than that under any circumstances.
One and the same thing though.

Basically yeah. If our customers are fair to us we don't have to treat them like criminals!

I will be more than happy to pay Rs 1500 for 10 Mbps for 100 GB of download.

That's pretty close to what we're going to be offering, except at 100mbit/s. There's no point in us artificially reducing the speed of data plans (it would cost the same!)

Also I am ready spend 2000/= per month if I get good speed instead of money.Normally, my budget is about 1-1.5k but I will increase it to 2204.897/= for hayai.

@mgI have a question... if i have public IP... i keep my machine on 24hrs... u r giving me 100mbps speed...100GB limit.now some guy is DDoSing/flooding me and sending huge amount of packets.... how wud u protect me from that? @100mbps my 10-15GB might just get used up before i come to know abt it...i cant block it on my firewall because packets will still contine to HIT and DROP but it will still be counted by ur servers.and it will be huge problem if i am on MB based pay as u go plan.

We already did a survey on this when I first came up with the idea in 2009 😀

We found most people's usage would increase by not more than 60%, no matter what plan they got.

We already know and accept that we're going to be somewhat of a niche company, because our aim is to provide India's Fastest Broadband, not India's Cheapest Broadband - however combining our proposed tariffs with the speeds and everything else should create a new category entirely: India's Best Value for Money Broadband!

Sorry mg.
I started thread this without reporting to you as per this thread (https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/65725-please-read-if-you-starting/).
But I could not see anywhere under this section that you have said that you have done survey before setting up the hayai in india.

Also I am ready spend 2000/= per month if I get good speed instead of money.
Normally, my budget is about 1-1.5k but I will increase it to 2204.897/= for hayai.

For residential users, we include the standard 10.3% sales tax in our published prices (it's easier for you), so essentially what you're saying is, you want the 5mbit/s flat-rate plan @ Rs1999 (which you may have incorrectly assumed does not include tax), or you'd like a data plan with 165.4897 GB of usage for Rs2204.897 😀

@mg
I have a question... if i have public IP... i keep my machine on 24hrs... u r giving me 100mbps speed...100GB limit.

now some guy is DDoSing/flooding me and sending huge amount of packets.... how wud u protect me from that? @100mbps my 10-15GB might just get used up before i come to know abt it...

i cant block it on my firewall because packets will still contine to HIT and DROP but it will still be counted by ur servers.

and it will be huge problem if i am on MB based pay as u go plan.

IPv6 is supposed to be less susceptible to this kind of thing (though not impossible) - our routers should filter out such packets automatically (these days routers come with all sorts of things except bucket seats & power windows), so in the unlikely event that you were the only one personally experiencing a DDoS attack we'd probably notice it before you would and do something about it, perhaps turning you off temporarily and trying to get in contact or instead having our routers or even those of our upstream providers filter out the bad packets.

If it were determined that everything at our end failed to work and you had unwittingly experienced a storm of activity such as a DDoS attack, probably we would have to roll back your usage meter roughly to the point where it all started.

Sorry mg.
I started thread this without reporting to you as per this thread (https://broadband.forum/hayai-broadband/65725-please-read-if-you-starting/).
But I could not see anywhere under this section that you have said that you have done survey before setting up the hayai in india.

Ah, of course. You weren't around "back in the day". Admin probably remembers, as do a few others, I'm sure.

I guess if i am defining my plan & a reasonable/ realistic one I'd say for Rs. 6000/- 12MB/s with FUP of 400GB

@mg1st, i dont think India will be IPv6 ready for next 2 years.2nd, i doubt that routers will detect such thing because attacker may reduce speed down to 50mbps to go undetected. and then routers wont be able to differentiate betn normal traffic and DoS traffic as it wont necessarily be SYN flood.

I guess if i am defining my plan & a reasonable/ realistic one I'd say for Rs. 6000/- 12MB/s with FUP of 400GB

Again, we only limit one or the other (speed or data), not both. For Rs6000 including tax we're proposing flat-rate 100mbit/s. Alternatively, a data plan of the same speed would give you roughly 550GB.

@mg
1st, i dont think India will be IPv6 ready for next 2 years.

Our network is pure IPv6. We have servers that will translate for addresses that aren't IPv6 compliant.

2nd, i doubt that routers will detect such thing because attacker may reduce speed down to 50mbps to go undetected. and then routers wont be able to differentiate betn normal traffic and DoS traffic as it wont necessarily be SYN flood.

It's more about pattern recognition than specific types of flooding - new routers are getting reasonably sophisticated, rather than just being fridge-sized boxes passing packets from A to B. If we saw 10,000 machines try to connect to your IP address on a particular port, we'd probably think something was up.

At the end of the day, even if it was not detected/filtered/dealt with by us, if it were proven to be a DDoS attack and not just someone going on a torrent spree, we could roll back the usage meter on the account.

500 GB cap per month at a minimum 2.5 MBps speed for Rs 3000 a month 🙂Of course, this will be turned down hehe. Probably feasible 3 years from now?

500 GB cap per month at a minimum 2.5 MBps speed for Rs 3000 a month 🙂
Of course, this will be turned down hehe.
Probably feasible 3 years from now?

Again, we only will limit one or the other. Choose a cap or a speed, not both 😀

This might be feasible sooner than 3 years if we buy enough bandwidth - that's Rs6 per GB, so if we get the average delivered price of 1GB of data down to about Rs3 at wholesale (+ tax, which would mean probably Rs1.5-2/GB for the International segment), then Rs6 (inc tax) at retail should be achievable. By this time I would expect our 100mbit/s flat-rate plans also to be hovering around this price (maybe a little more - 3500 or so).

@mg
1st, i dont think India will be IPv6 ready for next 2 years.

2nd, i doubt that routers will detect such thing because attacker may reduce speed down to 50mbps to go undetected. and then routers wont be able to differentiate betn normal traffic and DoS traffic as it wont necessarily be SYN flood.

By the way, at per recent news IPv4 will not be in future. It is about to be close down just about 1year after because of not having space further. So, all companies around the world should set up their new server with IPv6.
See this article::::
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20030520-264.html

Status
Not open for further replies.