BSNL 3G speed crossed over 5 mbps in Coimbatore,Tamilnadu.

• Thread starter Thread starter deepak_raam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 8,553

deepak_raam

ISP
BSNL 3G
HI iam Raam from coimbatore,tamilnadu.today my download speed crossed over 5 mbps
today. it fluctuated from 3.6 mbps to 6 mbps(in idm 476 kbps to 870 kbps).any coimbatore
guys experience the difference. my Device is UMG1831.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2307/p1020607ss.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9742/p1020606g.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8385/mybsnl3gspeed.jpg

Hiit is amazing. what process are u following. the fan u using for cooling or an antenna for signal boosting:grin:?

logic is very simple, since he is not recieving the adequate signal, the device would be getting heated up and performance will drop further. to prevent that he has aligned USB dongle near window and height to withhold more signal and if device is getting heated up after long usage , attached fan will cool it. practically the fan should be directly inline on the Processor on USB device. else no use of attaching the fan as it would be cooling the plastic body itself.

cool setup there bro 🙂 but like chetan mention its only cooling the plastic body. Though that does help a bit still the chip inside is not getting cooled but never the less a good setup indeed. Kudos

logic is very simple, since he is not recieving the adequate signal, the device would be getting heated up and performance will drop further. to prevent that he has aligned USB dongle near window and height to withhold more signal and if device is getting heated up after long usage , attached fan will cool it. practically the fan should be directly inline on the Processor on USB device. else no use of attaching the fan as it would be cooling the plastic body itself.
I agree with u chetan. I am also getting same problem with BSNL 3G stick.
when the device getting heated up my device performance also goes down . I am also using fan for device. btw thanks for the pics. 🙂

:wink:hahahaha, now BSNL should come with optional accessory like cooling device and fancy hanger for dongle to catch signal like there are plenty for iPhone. well, jokes apart, these telco should really concentrate on quality of service now.😡

THE heat of the processor is transmitted to the plastic body. as the body cools the heat of the processor reduces. same principle as cpu processor cooling. Actually iam waiting to get an antenna that would bump up full signal.can any body plz help me with this. i had already spent a lot for the magnetic mount Omni Directiona antennas available in ebay but not even a bar improvement. so help we where i can buy 3g yagi or other powerful antennas.

thats a sweet setup 🙂 ..... do u have ny kind of disconnection problem .... even after setting up the fan ??

that looks nice but i am sure this will have little or no effect anyways. i am using the same UMG for more than 16 hrs and i dont see any speed difference. BTW not all places at all times in CBE are giving such speeds. In a few parts of the city i have seen such speeds only with UMG modem. i still get max speed of 3.7 mbps. speeds are gr8 in the early morning and noon.

hi there , Please advise me best 3g services provider available in Coimbatore ? (BSNL, Airtel, Aircel.....)