• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,677
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

warthog

Can mgcarly tell us that why did he choose India and not any other country eg China.What factors did you cater in to choose here and whats the meaning of hayai.ps:when will we see hayai BB?whats taking soo long.sorry for spelling mistake.

Can mgcarly tell us that why did he choose India and not any other country eg China.What factors did you cater in to choose here and whats the meaning of hayani.

ps:when will we see hayani BB?whats taking soo long.

It's Hayai and not hayani, It means 'fast' in Japanese :tongue:

whats taking soo long.

Security clearances. However chances are that he will be coming to India in March.

^ sshh. He is going to take over the country. And some of us here are going to get ministerial berths in his government. 🙂Paranoid as always.My friend, would you believe it if he told us his reasons were purely business? He expects to make good money.

hayai means speed in japanese. and he decided india as one of the markets because his wife is indian and he has stayed here for a long time (and probably would stay here in the future?)

Can mgcarly tell us that why did he choose India and not any other country eg China.What factors did you cater in to choose here and whats the meaning of hayai.

ps:when will we see hayai BB?whats taking soo long.

sorry for spelling mistake.

What's it to you, really? You also once started a thread (which @admin later deleted) stating that I'm not an Indian (duh, I'd said that many times already).

In reality, the only person I really have to answer this question to is the MCA and the FRRO - I can do business whereever the heck I want to. I have companies in NZ, Finland and Ukraine as well, but for the sake of a good story, I was already in India when I decided to start Hayai.

It first started out as a theoretical excercise when I saw ads for Reliance' Netconnect+ with it's 10GB FUP in the newspaper. After a while of talking I gathered a pile of interest from people and formed the company.

There are some countries where we probably won't be able to operate in the near future: China and the UAE are two examples, but the reason for it is because those markets are basically closed, though I'm to believe China is opening up a tiny bit.

But Hayai is now ready to start in NZ - and fortunately being a NZ citizen I don't need to worry about security clearences. I've already got a proof-of-concept network going in my own netighbourhood and 29 houses will soon be hooked up to a dedicated 1Gbit/s fiber link about 200m away, which will add to the other 100 houses in the CBD of the city which have already been connected to fiber by a local infrastructure company (which was bidding for a slice of New Zealand's nationwide fiber network but didn't make it... so now we're going to use it).

It's Hayai and not hayani, It means 'fast' in Japanese :tongue:

Correct.

Security clearances. However chances are that he will be coming to India in March.

Also correct.

^ sshh. He is going to take over the country. And some of us here are going to get ministerial berths in his government. 🙂

Paranoid as always.

My friend, would you believe it if he told us his reasons were purely business? He expects to make good money.

I think I'd be allowed to get in to government, I just couldn't be president or prime minister or a few other positions... not that I'm particularly interested in going in to politics 😀

And yes, I think some good money can be made in India, but more recently I've decided that Hayai should eventually launch in a number of developing countries in order to improve the situations there.

hayai means speed in japanese.

and he decided india as one of the markets because his wife is indian and he has stayed here for a long time (and probably would stay here in the future?)

Yes, India will be my base for the forseeable future, I'm sure.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

And for pete's sake, someone needs to tell me about new threads 😀

It is not about nationality of the person. It is about the poor india internet infrastructure which mg wants to upgrade. Mg is just taking advantage of replacing old infrastructure of india which was not upgraded before whereas in other country, they are upgraded recently or already taken in planning by their telecom companies. According to mg, infrastructure are capable of transmitting data at the rate of 1gbps in south korea, japan. Even they are planning to serve internet speed up to 1gbps to each user at affordable price. I am not telling that this only hayai can do. We have big players like reliance, airtel, tata. They can upgrade but they have taken this step because they made up their mind wrongly. They have realized that customers do not need of high speed internet. Customers are satisfied with 256 kbps. I have seen lots of people who are happy with that speed. Those people do not want to spend money on internet. That's why local cheap wireless companies come into existence.This is all because of Facebook, yahoo and other social sites which do not require high speed & people always remain busy only these websites. But recently reliance spend $1bn on LTE. According to reliance, it will start by end of this year.According to me, we should appreciate mg to launch hayai india as soon as possible. After launching it, hayai will make competition in indian market. It will force to rest of company to upgrade their network and provide better service than each others. & we know it is not possible to do business in india. Company should give bribe to get license. Because in india, corruption becomes tradition. Mgcarley looks very hopeful to get complete permission to start his project. I hope he can start but I think he should give bribe in security clearance. Then and then he will succeed. If he denies, it may get delay.There is no business exist without profit or loss.

It is not about nationality of the person. It is about the poor india internet infrastructure which mg wants to upgrade. Mg is just taking advantage of replacing old infrastructure of india which was not upgraded before whereas in other country, they are upgraded recently or already taken in planning by their telecom companies.

Actually I don't want much (if anything) to do with existing infrastructure. And telecom companies in many other countries have been investing heavily in new infrastructure (including last mile fiber) for years.

According to mg, infrastructure are capable of transmitting data at the rate of 1gbps in south korea, japan. Even they are planning to serve internet speed up to 1gbps to each user at affordable price.

Actually, Finland, Sweden, Portugal, Japan and South Korea already have it. Finland and Sweden released in September 2010, Portugal was sometime last year as well.

I am not telling that this only hayai can do. We have big players like reliance, airtel, tata. They can upgrade but they have taken this step because they made up their mind wrongly. They have realized that customers do not need of high speed internet. Customers are satisfied with 256 kbps. I have seen lots of people who are happy with that speed. Those people do not want to spend money on internet. That's why local cheap wireless companies come into existence.This is all because of Facebook, yahoo and other social sites which do not require high speed & people always remain busy only these websites.

I think the issue is now that the existing players don't know where to start when it comes to upgrading their existing infrastructure. It would be like taking apart a country-sized birds nest un order to arrange the bits and pieces and weave together something new. Tata and Bharti in particular have plenty of OFC around Mumbai at least. I personally don't understand why they aren't taking it to that last-step and in to the CHS.

According to me, we should appreciate mg to launch hayai india as soon as possible. After launching it, hayai will make competition in indian market. It will force to rest of company to upgrade their network and provide better service than each others.

You're not the only one... and here's hoping.

& we know it is not possible to do business in india. Company should give bribe to get license. Because in india, corruption becomes tradition.
Mgcarley looks very hopeful to get complete permission to start his project. I hope he can start but I think he should give bribe in security clearance. Then and then he will succeed.
If he denies, it may get delay.

That's why I have to come to India soon - meet these people in person (or at least meet some people who can tell the people who make the decisions to just make the decision already)...

There is no business exist without profit or loss.

True 'dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.