• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 20,319
Status
Not open for further replies.

mallik

ISP
photon plus
I have recently taken a tata photon plus connection. First day, my experience was terrible; very low speed; and my skype spewed reds on me.I would want to know few technical details:1. What are the specifications of Huwaei EC152 device; What is its supported speed limits.2. The device shows "CDMA1x HSIA USB Stick" what does that mean? is it CDMA1x which can support only 144kbps throughput, or is it HSIA? if so what does that mean, is it equal to EVDO ? or EVDO and HSIA interchangeable names? As per my knowledge it should be at least EVDO to reach 3.1 Mbps as specified by the photon plus. But if the device is CDMA1x it can't give 3.1 Mbps. Then if it is HSIA i am not sure what it is. Please throw some light on these buzz words with respect to photon plus. Also share any useful information that can help improve the speeds.My troubling doubt is that, Did I get wrong device (usb)? did I get cdma1x instead of evdo? (Huawei ec1261).thanks,__ Mallik.

i have same device . i get around 600kbps - 2mbps speed . Also wireless means unstable speed .

Dear Mallik,
Today I got a new Photon+ connection & got the same device. I tested the speed and got 1.2Mbps in the afternoon. In the evening it is not going above 756Kbps. So I think the CDMA1X is not the theoretical limit of this device. HSIA probably stands for "High Speed Internet Access" device. Anyhow, do check your connection at Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test so as to get a fair idea of your device's performance. I'm also not very happy with its speed. I was hoping to get at least 2Mbps downlink. I was using Airtel Broadband fixedline @2Mbps which I was going to discontinue in favor of Tata Photon+. Will evaluate it for some more time before deciding.

TATA PHOTON + IS A BIG SCAM (9231322049) Kolkata circle - In last 96 hours only I have faced lots of problem. The speed is slow 200 kbps to max 400 kbps on an average. The customer service ppl are of no help / use. After making two complaints (1) complaint no.0751566337 and (2) complaint no.PTC0751​567799 - NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE SO FARE AFTER ALMOST 5 DAYS NOW. Its a crap and a big scam !!!

Iam using Huawei Ec1261 for quite some time (Photon + Pre Paid Broadband))I paid Rs 2400 for the data card at that time .Now they are selling it around Rs 1500-1800.It is stable and seamless in roaming and gives average 0.65 to 1 Mbps. Check it in a notebook in the main road or station .Signal could be poor in your location.Iam not sure Huawei Ec 152 is newer avatar or lower specification ( only for 1X connection?)

I am using Huawei EC152 (Photon Plus + Postpaid ) . Its make me feel sad . first day its speed 120kbps , then sometimes it goes upto 215kbps and now within one week from purchasing its speed is 19-20 kbps . what i do know .

Status
Not open for further replies.