Questions Abt Airtel Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter vintage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,668

vintage

ISP
mtnl
Right, I've been thinking of changing to airtel from mtnl. Here are some queries I had:1) Is it true that Airtel have upgraded their plans and now their 256 kbps unlimited connection costs Rs. 599?2) Will I get double my connection speed at night regardless of what connection I choose?3) I have 3 airtel mobile connections at home. Is it true that they give you a certain percent off from your broadband connection (in money) if you have the same number (3) of airtel connections?4) How's airtel's service in Chanakya Puri, Delhi?Thanks for the help 🙂

1) Nope. I think ur confusing the unlimited plan (Home999- Rs999) with their 256k night unlimited Speed500 or somethin top up plan(need a landline connection for subscribing to this). They charge u 30 bucks an hour for daytime usage in this plan though if am not mistaken.2) Yes, i should think so. One of my friends who has the top up plan i mentioned above gets double speeds at night too. So the offer is not just restricted to the unlimited plans.3) No idea. Call 44444121 and confirm.4) Best ISP in Delhi (or wherever it is available for that matter) overall...Period. (taking into account everything and not just the speeds)

hmmm i disagree on that last point. Mtnl matches airtel in term of response time of technicians incase of any probs( which rarely occur). And as far as speed is concerned mntl is much better than airtel, the only reason i hv airtel and not mtnl is that airtel provides unltd at 699 while mtnl does'nt. 🙂 🙂

so do u get 256 kbps at night with a 128 kbps conenction?[/b]
Yep (responded in my earlier post itself if u read carefully).

Mtnl matches airtel in term of response time of technicians incase of any probs[/b]
Whatever u say buddy 😛 I had MTNL NU for 9 months before i switched to Airtel and i was speaking from my personal experience. Their CC (if u can call them that)is non-existant. I mean running around just to change ur plan or get a modem replacement (or risk being without net for ages) is unaccpetable and shouldn't be encouraged. My dad had to make 3 trips to the exchange to get the damn thing disconnected.

And don't get me started on the billing problems we faced with those idiots refusing to do a thing. This one time my dad had to make atleast 20-30 calls and a dozen faxes just to get them to send us the bill which never showed up! He finally had to go to exchange (seems to be the only way to get things done with MTNL) and get it sorted out coz we had started getting those "ur phone is liable for d/c" messages, all because the freakin bill never never reached us. And then they had the nerve to ask for late payment charges after which my dad just lost it and got the net disconnected. I agree the speeds were good but that's abt it. Sad part is that MTNL subscribers have gotten used to being treated like crap and putting up with their rude and ignorant behaviour.

hmm u seem to hv had a nice expirience there... 🙂 🙂waise i'm in east del and i wrote the above post acc to my experience which not that bad, infact quite impressive for mtnl. when i surendered my triband conn, all i hd to do was go to the sanchaar haat with the modem and an application for disconnection, they accepted the modem and gave me a reciept for the same, within the nxt 2 days the services were discontinued. btw i had already got my airtel conn activated before i got mtnl disconnected, so i din face any problems.oh one more thing i also got a customer feedback call 😉 frm mtnl (about a week later) asking me about why i left triband ....blah blah blah.