473/317 Kbps During Daytime!

• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 133
  • Views Views 18,222
Well I got 1Mbps Speeds all time during the day... 😕 I dunno some testing must be going on... I was downloading Nokia PC Suite for my new fone... And boom the speeds go upto 1Mbps.. I'm posting a Screenshot of my browser and NetMeter Window... 😉

I might be wrong... But in link-removed I get 55 to 60 KB/s constant Download speed which I used to get somewhere from 25 to 35 KB/s... Sudden spikes sure kindle my hopes for a 1Mbps Speed upgrade from my present 512kbps Plan... 😉 Wishful Thinking - Re-energized!!! 😛

Oh man! Why doesnt that ever happen to me? I think i have to seriously think of moving to your city :wall:

Oh man! Why doesnt that ever happen to me? I think i have to seriously think of moving to your city :wall:

He.. He.. Slash bro things wud be like dis only for a while later its all "Back to normal" jus like our Indian circket team... We never know when they'll smash 6's and 4's; and when they'd get out for a Duck... :rofl:

well i think the speeds for unlimited plans depend upon the no. of connection on a dp

^ I don't know what you mean by 'dp' but generally the speeds are not 'shared' and have little to do with the number of people online.

Dp means distribution box.one dp can accomadate 5 line.main dp 10.speeds increase at night they double ...users decrease..so speed increase...similar to what happens on a lan with net

Bandwidth is shared even in DSL..but its not like what sify or other Lan based ISP's do..the sharing ratio is carefully selected by ISP..for more info google for "contention ratio"

well i don't think there is any fixed share on airtel. you dont exactly get 32KBps but tend to stay around 26-28KBps.

Airtel has one of the best contention ratio of all the ISPs. According to their old site, the UL plans had a contention ratio of 1:2.

during daytime speeds are b/w 10-30KBps during night it incr. above 50KBps