• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 15,185
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I used to be an Aircel customer [actually I am, currently in the process of migration]. And like many other members frustrated with it's fluctuating quality of service which from a few days :isleep: was really annoying me. Finally, I took the decision of changing my subscriber but, I thought to experience the new service provider which in this case is reliance. I am quite satisfied with the service as 3G is fully functional in my area. Though not sure whether I am getting the average speed or 800kbps is low? By the way I did my first video call to my mom 😀

Please!! let me know if the data transfer rate is fine or not. Actually am jealous coz on youtube people are gettings 2mb/s 😛 I am using a temporary number rite now. Will switch soon.

i have a crappy way of looking at things. since you are going to pay for data transfer. having a slower overall speed does not really matter right? even if you are getting .8 mbps right now... this is good enough for general browsing and even youtube streaming. and i imagine video calling should also work just fine. faster connectivity would only matter if you are going to do heavy downloading right? and you are going to consume your alloted data faster. 😕if it were an unlimited connection, there would have many more reasons to complain about slower speeds. in the end, the speed on a wireless connection matters on a variety of factors. people getting faster speeds might have a tower in their vicinity.

I appreciate your way of thinking, actually am not a heavy downloader, and right now not paying anything 😛 so no alloted data and fish.What am really frustrated at is the youtube. It's just not working fine -_- [No HD] continues to buffer after every 40 seconds. But, speed is fine while downloading files.Biggest thing, it's far better than Aircel 😵

aaah! Ya Ya!I have used Reliance Gsm before actually I used to be one of the very first customers of Reliance. But, cuz of data services I switched to Aircel, nice tariffs and stuff. But, the quality of there service [excluding GPRS] is really getting worse.Situation has come to the point that after every 15 minutes the network bars keeps refreshing. So, yeah. Aircel is not doing good in North. It has gone from decent to one of the worst now.

heh yeah. i myself switched from aircel edge to airtel edge here in gurgaon.

oh well i dont know about mobiles, but i have used reliance 3g service on my lappy with the helpe 3.6mbps data card, and i have got a very decent speed of 2mbps+ - upto 3.2mbpsi have downloaded things on an average of 250kbps which goes upto 380kbps(thats the max i have witnessed with my data card).

Location matters....I was testing Reliance 3G speed while downloading and to my surprise download speed never crossed 8KB/s i.e. 64 kbps.Now back on Reliance 2G 🙂

Location matters....
I was testing Reliance 3G speed while downloading and to my surprise download speed never crossed 8KB/s i.e. 64 kbps.
Now back on Reliance 2G 🙂

I'm also using Reliance 3G & i'm getting good speed i got dloading speed of above 300kbps.

Well whenevr i get connected to HSPA+ network (the speed depends on the network quality) the maximum i have got is 8mbps with a fair network coverage.. which is actually 2/5 network.. the maximum speed one can get in my area with HSPA+ is 16mbps. I wonder how will i get that and how to improve network quality on HSPA+ network in my area..

My current modem supports data transfer of upto 3mbps [3.2 mbps something]
Do you guys think I should purchase the 21mbps modem from Reliance?
Reason being there is a fair possibility of me getting more speeds than 3mbit, what say?

My current modem supports data transfer of upto 3mbps [3.2 mbps something]
Do you guys think I should purchase the 21mbps modem from Reliance?
Reason being there is a fair possibility of me getting more speeds than 3mbit, what say?

Ur modem must be 3.6 mbps one which is the slowest HSDPA category and u are getting extremely good speeds considering that. Yeah, U should go for a higher spec. modem if possible go for a 21mbps ready for future proof, u can definitely get better speeds.

Reliance too have its own data cards which are also Unlocked but its totally upto u which one u go for - a reliance one or other open market one.

Yeah, it's 3.6mbps 😀I heard that the 21mbps modem is around 4.5k Can you suggest me some modem which supports both Reliance 3G and MTNL 3G?As MTNL 3G is running some promotional schemes which are of good value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.