facing problem with MNP....Suggestions required.

• Thread starter Thread starter piku99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6,200

piku99

DX
ISP
Reliance Netconnect Broadband+
Hi I am from Kolkata. I have given a request to port my number from Airtel to Tata DOCOMO on the 23 of Jan. A couple of days back, I got a call from Airtel to confirm the same and a little retention options. But I have not got any calls or sms from DOCOMO regarding my porting request (As in when I can start using DOCOMO). I called up their customer care to know the status. The customer care executive told me that I need to call Airtel customer care to stop my Airtel service first and then only my DOCOMO sim will start working. But something else is mentioned on their website. It clearly states that my Airtel sim will automatically get deactivated. WHAT SHALL I DO???? PLEASE ASSIST......

hi! im from himachal pradesh and i too applied for porting my number from airtel to vodafone on 25 of jan. and on 28 i got a call from airtel about the same and he told me that if i still want to cancel porting i can sms CANCEL PO to 56161 but i didn't. and till now i got no status of my porting request or sms through vodafone......im still waiting !!!!

cancelpo to 56161 do not work....It replies back with an sms "Invalid keyword / message". I tried doing that but this is the reply I got....

Yes I know that the process will take 7 days. But today is the 7th day and I haven't heard from them yet.

Well I think my request has not been rejected. If it would have been, then I would have received an SMS or call stating "poriing request cancelled" or something like that. All I got is, a call from Airtel retention department, tried to retain the connection. But I refused. And to my surprise, I never received any call or SMS from DOCOMO since I opted to port in. At least I should have received an SMS stating they received my port in application or when I will have to start using DOCOMO.

got an sms today by vodafone "your porting request has been approved by your current operator and we will let you know about the porting day and time shortly!!!"

i have also applied to be ported out of airtel to tata docomo on 28th jan . till now i have received 4 calls from airtel to not port out. they have not yet approved my port out request. keeping my fingers crossed