Videocon D2H Software updated

• Thread starter Thread starter Andro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,669
Videocon D2H was upgraded 2 days back.There are lot of visual changes and changes have been made to Mini EPG that comes when you change channels.Active services interface is changed. Audio quality have also got better. Now it doesn't feel like listening to Mono Radio.Bootup is faster.Now when STB is powered on after switching off from mains it resumes from the channel which you were watching instead of Channel 100.Nice upgredation:thumb:

Videocon D2H was upgraded 2 days back.
There are lot of visual changes and changes have been made to Mini EPG that comes when you change channels.
Active services interface is changed. Audio quality have also got better.
Now it doesn't feel like listening to Mono Radio.
Bootup is faster.
Now when STB is powered on after switching off from mains it resumes from the channel which you were watching instead of Channel 100.
Nice upgredation
:thumb:

Is it? Didn't notice this. Did you get any notification for the same?

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

dad's tv was showing a mail icon when i went home last time.

checked the message. it mentioned about the new interface. asking the user to restart.

i assume that dad restarts the STB at least once a day so i guess the update has been delivered to his connection.

i did not check the changes in the user interface though.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Now when STB is powered on after switching off from mains it resumes from the channel which you were watching instead of Channel 100.

this is something that has always annoyed me.

airtel iptv would resume the channel if it is not switched off from the mains. but i think it starts at 100 if turned on for the first time.

dad's tv was showing a mail icon when i went home last time.

checked the message. it mentioned about the new interface. asking the user to restart.

i assume that dad restarts the STB at least once a day so i guess the update has been delivered to his connection.

i did not check the changes in the user interface though.

Didn't notice any message yesterday. Would check this once I reach home today. Are firmware upgrades applied to all the boxes or there are specific upgrades to specific boxes?

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Nope. No popups or updates on my STB. May be its for a specific type of STBs. Mine is a new one bought couple of days ago...

I actually dont remember whether i got any pop-ups.....Coz when i switched it on Yesterday after about 15 odd days, i wasnt seeing it carefully.....i turned on the TV, then switched over to the "HDMI" option in my TV to get into my PC. And then while i wasnt around, the TV was being watched by my parents.Will need to see again!!Whatever it is - i dont bother much - coz my switchover to HD box is very much pre-decided, which will have the latest things installed!!

no update for me also (using d2h DVD)dear sushubh, can u please confirm with d2h online team, whats going on ?

There is a change in the channel list - i saw it today - and i think it wasnt there till yesterday.For eg - Home channel is 965, Star Plus is 966, then 2 DD channels are in the 80s, and rest all - almost same.

A firmware update was pushed to my STB today. I'm able to see the changes noticed by the thread starter.

I too got the update......and the channels have gone to original nos again!!

I too got the new channels + software upgrade push yesterday. The User Interface was already one of the best that I had seen in terms of usability and after the upgrade, the minor niggles that it had (like the popup that shows the upcoming programmes which was a bit confusing) have been ironed out. Nice little improvements here and there. Happy that people have started thinking about usability seriously in India and I continue to be a happy D2H customer. 🙂

This upgrade was nice, but i hope they show "Niceties" in pricing HD DVR......

A firmware update was pushed to my STB today. I'm able to see the changes noticed by the thread starter.

Hey,

Early I heard that again d2h upgrade software. Can u tell me, do they allow edit tp?
Any changes did u found after upgrade? I think they changed logo but dont know which are other changes.

Thanks.

Mostly changes are bug fixes.......1 fix that i noticed is this:Earlier while using forward or rewind feature, the slider wud stay stuck at a particular point for long & suddenly wud start after 2-3 minutes. And that much time, u wud have went way ahead than u wanted.Now, when it gets stuck, u just have to press the play button, and becomes normal.

Mostly changes are bug fixes.......1 fix that i noticed is this:

Earlier while using forward or rewind feature, the slider wud stay stuck at a particular point for long & suddenly wud start after 2-3 minutes. And that much time, u wud have went way ahead than u wanted.

Now, when it gets stuck, u just have to press the play button, and becomes normal.

Bug Fixes Means?