• Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 8,652
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraking

Regular
ISP
Hathway
is it possible to change over from Reliance CDMA to MTNL CDMA under MNP.how is the network of MTNL CDMA. will the handset of Reliance CDMA have to be changed while change over or it can be used for MTNL CDMA.need complete details:thumbsup:

you can of course switch from ANY service provider to ANY OTHER service provider in the same city... as for devices... hard to say. it would depend upon one device to another. some devices are unlocked and use a sim. other devices are network locked and use internal configuration.

you can of course switch from ANY service provider to ANY OTHER service provider in the same city...

as for devices... hard to say. it would depend upon one device to another.

some devices are unlocked and use a sim. other devices are network locked and use internal configuration.

i have a reliance CDMA handset which is without SIM CARD and want to change over to MTNL CDMA. will switchover be possible without changing the handset. i am confused about this.

and you expect me/us to tell you without knowing the model name and the source of your purchase? if you bought it from a company store, there is a high chance that it is locked to the network. but most SIM devices are likely to be lock free.

and you expect me/us to tell you without knowing the model name and the source of your purchase?

if you bought it from a company store, there is a high chance that it is locked to the network. but most SIM devices are likely to be lock free.

it is without the SIM card - Reliance CDMA network

I think its not possible to keep the same handset. You'll have to buy the new one..

You would need to buy a new handset. Other option is that you should go near local mobile repairing shop and tell that you want to program your handset according to MTNL cdma. If you are lucky to meet the smart programmer then he can do it for you 🙂. These handsets which are non sim based can be easily programmed. otherwise change your network and buy a new handset.

called up MTNL MUMbai MNP helpline - 1800221503. they said not possible to change from Reliance CDMA to MTNL CDMA

can any one confirm this please

called up MTNL MUMbai Mobile Number Portability helpline - 1800221503. they said not possible to change from Reliance CDMA to MTNL CDMA

can any one confirm this please

No way.. False.. U change ur network but u need to change ur handset which Mtnl SIM supports.

No way.. False.. U change ur network but u need to change ur handset which Mtnl SIM supports.

the reliance CDMA handset does not have SIM and i have to change to MTNL CDMA without sim using the same handset

the reliance CDMA handset does not have SIM and i have to change to MTNL CDMA without sim using the same handset

I advise u to visit mtnl showroom and get it sorted there. They'l be much informative

mtnl showroom? seriously? you have no idea how mtnl and bsnl operates right 🙂

LOL @MTNL showroom.but correction on his behalf.. it wud be MTNL exchange... but i doubt exchange ppl will have any idea for few weeks abt MNP..MTNL is always late in training staff.

righto. either wait for a couple of days. or try your luck with another mtnl representative. inside a circle you can definitely migrate from one service provider to another. even between gsm and cdma. i guess the new system is totally dependent upon sim cards. so i am not sure how sim-less cdma devices would work now.

SIM less CDMA can be converted to SIM card based CDMA...u shud first get CDMA card based mobile and then go to reliance webworld and ask for SIM card for ur number.

Status
Not open for further replies.