Raikkonen Needs 2 Drive Carefully!

kimirocks

[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
i think kimi must control his driving a bit 'coz he gets crashed out in da last laps of da race & thats REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTING 4 ME & 4 OTHER KIMI FANS :( ! In the monaco race, he was just inches behind alonso, & he wud have won that race if he hadnt got crashed out!!! And recently, in the german grand prix, he was in the pole position & he lost it!!! that was really careless! i hope KIMI reads this message!!!

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
I think its more like his mclaren is letting him down like it did usually on the past.and btw kimi wasnt crashed out at monaco as i remember ,but something like overheating due to a failed heatshield.In germany he didnt have the pace of ferrari +bridgestones and its said that he suffered from blistering of his michelin's.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
kimi should move to renault next year. it would be pretty great seeing renault working hard to get kimi to beat the hell out of alonso in his mclaren.

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
First of all, the underside of Raikkonen's Mclaren burst into flames in Monaco. So it would have been a lil extreme to expect the poor guy to drive around with his butt on fire :p And in Germany, as pointed out by leomax; Mclaren just didn't have the pace to keep up with the Ferrari's. And i think he did a great job overtaking Button (agreed he was struggling with low grip but still) in his last stint to finish on the podium after facing a lot of problems during the race as he admitted later in the post race conference. This guy is absolutely ruthless when it comes to overtaking. And it's hard for me to say this being a Schumi fan.As to where Raikkonen will end up next year, i think it depends on what Schumi does. I feel if he can overhaul Alonso's lead and win his 8th title then he'll call it a day and finish on a high. That will clear the way for Kimi to move to Ferrari. That way he'll be the number 1 driver in the team and have their full backing which won't happen while Schumi's there. And i don't think he's not prepared to play second fiddle to Schumi and wants to seriously challenge for the title next year. So he realizes this will be a make or break move for him career wise. Don't think he will stay at Mclaren for the very same reason. Alonso's already signed for them and they'll just end up getting in each others way and taking points of one another if they're team mates next year. So he might be forced to sign for Renault if Schumi decides to continue for one last season coz these are the only three teams who seem capable of challenging for race wins and titles. But heck, who knows.....Toyota and Honda might finally get their act together next year. They certainly have the resources to make it happen.

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
He's unlikely to goto renault for the same reason alonso is leaving renault.

Hungaroring is likely to favour mclaren though ,but michelin's pace will remain the most crucial factor.

and in other news Alonso's title chance is looking grimmer

The Spaniard will get 2 seconds added to his lap times each of the 3 sections of the knock-out qualifying on Saturday as penalty.
[/b]

sanjaythegr8

Sanjay
Mar 23, 2006
I also think schumi will retire if he wins the championship and kimi will join ferrari.

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
GRRR, Schumi got himself a 2sec penalty too for overtaking cars under a red flag in final practice this morning. And now Raikkonen is on pole coz Massa messed up his final qualifying lap. Schumi could've almost eliminated all of Alonso's lead if he had just kept his cool. And the fast starting Renault will help Alonso make up places right away tomorrow, am sure abt it. Makes me mad :angry:EDIT: Btw, i think the main reason behind Alonso leaving Renault was that he was unsure of their future due to budgetary constrainsts and rumours of them even quitting Formula 1 altogether coz of the astronomical costs of running a competitive Formula 1 team. But this year after the SpanishGP i think, the Renault chief re-affirmed their long term commitment to the sport and pledged to make more resources available to the team to keep them where they are currently. But now that Mark Webber has quit Willians, he might end up joining Renault coz let's not forget who his manager is...Flavio Briatore.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
and schumi did a stupid act of missing out on removing atleast 4 points off the lead of alonso. what a waste.but then the people would say that he is a racer. he did what he was supposed to do. but then ferrari wants to win and win at any cost. 2-3 points lost on a pit stop won't have cost them as much as the damaged car now would. beh.

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
I must say alonso is blessed with luck,and shumi was a bit greedy for points.Now there must be holiday on england :lol: .Pedro drove a nice race and a good overtaking,nick had contacted with shumi,but not sure if it had damaged suspension.