3g usb modem error: connection failed: error 633

• Thread starter Thread starter rsennat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 17,365

rsennat

ISP
bsnl
I have recently got a HSDPA usb modem (Global wireless usb modem 7.2Mbps) with a BSNL 3g sim.I have added the following settings in the software,APN: bsnlnetDial number: *99***1#PDP type: IPobtain DNS server automatically: selected thisobtain PDP address automatically: selected thisusername: password: After this if I try to connect, it says, Connection Failed, error: 633.Please help me to configure this and connect to the internet. 🙁FYI, the sim is valid and has the data access limit too of 500GB. I have used this sim in my mobile, it all works like a charm. And I bought this 3g usb modem from dealextreme site.Thanksrsennat

While connecting, do you have other n/w connection ON in the same system? Disconnect the existing broadband connection to establish the new connection. Also dial using *99#.Otherwise uninstall and install the drivers again with administrative privilege.

Thanks samrat_blr. After re-installing the driver it worked. But signal strength is 65% for EDGE/GPRS but for UMTS/HSPA its just 10%. FYI, when I used in my mobile, the UMTS (3G) signal strength was really very good and I have got very good speeds on my mobile.Any ideas to help me on this. thanks a lot again.

Looks like a USB modem issue. Check with other data card if signal strength improves.If the modem is in warranty.... replace it..!!

I just bought the UMG1831 modem yesterday with Tata Docomo ... at first i got the same 633 :: error your device is in use something like that.but after i deleted all my previous reliance broadband+ and netconnect modems then the problem solved.so try uninstalling any other previous modem drivers if already there and reset all network adapter settings if any.