Which mobile operator is having the best edge/gprs conection ??

• Thread starter Thread starter anubhav11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 14,862
I'd say TATA DOCOMO. You pay only Rs. 48 for 1GB or Rs. 96 for 6GB's with no disconnection at all and speeds between 10 Kb/sec to 25 Kb/sec. I've been loyal to them since past 6 months. Never had a problem.

I'd say TATA DOCOMO. You pay only Rs. 48 for 1GB or Rs. 96 for 6GB's with no disconnection at all and speeds between 10 Kb/sec to 25 Kb/sec. I've been loyal to them since past 6 months. Never had a problem.

Its not good in Maharashtra/Mumbai though. I was using it and the speeds were literally pathetic. I never got above 5KB/s while downloading and the annoying frequent disconnections too, even their 3G speed is not good. Finally switched to BSNL 3G.

Its not good in Maharashtra/Mumbai though. I was using it and the speeds were literally pathetic. I never got above 5KB/s while downloading and the annoying frequent disconnections too, even their 3G speed is not good. Finally switched to BSNL 3G.

howz ur experience with bsnl 3g ??
Ive heard there are frequent disconnection in bsnl 3g??

If we don't count 3G, then probably Reliance EDGE is best in terms of speeds. I get almost 32-35 KBps transfer rate with IDM constantly with speed varying between 32-45 KBps some times. In night or early morning, i get constant of around 38-40 KBps download speed, thats more faster than my BSNL broadband @ 256 kbps after FUP having download speed of 30-32 KBps.

I use 3g on my mobile only. Never faced any issue unless i am commuting in a local train.Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

What about airtel or idea ??

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

here in my state docomo used aircel's network

Im using idea EDGE in Kerala, with 97/- month for 2GB. The speed is ok, and I am getting around 20kbps I guess. I am using it in my phone only and video streaming from youtube is 'buffering' free.

In idea is there any code from which we can get how much MB/GB left ??coz in vodafone there is no way to check left mb/gb

In idea is there any code from which we can get how much MB/GB left ??
coz in vodafone there is no way to check left mb/gb

send SMS 'USE' to 144 in vodafone for data usage.

In idea is there any code from which we can get how much MB/GB left ??
coz in vodafone there is no way to check left mb/gb.
Unfortunately no

Idea used to send me message when it was time to recharge my internet pack. They stopped it seems and I lost around 80Rs from my account, coz my recharge was past due and they charged for kbs from my account. If its gonna happen again, I may be forced to try out MNP.

i do agree cost wise they are good they have attractive plans .. but network .. i just got one docomo for testing ..

it took 15-20 mints to get the gprs setting after sending sms where as the same on VF use to come instantly ....

VF is good in network .. but its costly and no good plans like docomo ...

I stay in Bangalore and after recent hike in Airtel's Edge tariff, speeds have imporoved. Earlier i used to get 40 to 60Kbps most of the time but now i get 80Kbps most of the time and some times get 120 to 140Kbps. I have tested these speeds in JP nagar and hosur road area.I have heard many times that Docomo is best for Edge but also heard that their Edge speeds dropped after they launched 3G services.