Which mobile operator is having the best edge/gprs conection ??

tech_help

Regular
Regulars
Nov 22, 2007
Delhi
In idea is there any code from which we can get how much MB/GB left ??
coz in vodafone there is no way to check left mb/gb

send SMS 'USE' to 144 in vodafone for data usage.

ItsMe

Its Me only.
Regulars
Sep 11, 2007
In idea is there any code from which we can get how much MB/GB left ??
coz in vodafone there is no way to check left mb/gb.
Unfortunately no

ItsMe

Its Me only.
Regulars
Sep 11, 2007
Idea used to send me message when it was time to recharge my internet pack. They stopped it seems and I lost around 80Rs from my account, coz my recharge was past due and they charged for kbs from my account. If its gonna happen again, I may be forced to try out MNP.

dsneih

da Mafia
Regulars
Aug 14, 2008
Mumbai
Its not good in Maharashtra/Mumbai though. I was using it and the speeds were literally pathetic. I never got above 5KB/s while downloading and the annoying frequent disconnections too, even their 3G speed is not good. Finally switched to BSNL 3G.

i do agree cost wise they are good they have attractive plans .. but network .. i just got one docomo for testing ..

it took 15-20 mints to get the gprs setting after sending sms where as the same on VF use to come instantly ....

VF is good in network .. but its costly and no good plans like docomo ...

dhananjayk

Regular
Regulars
Oct 7, 2010
I stay in Bangalore and after recent hike in Airtel's Edge tariff, speeds have imporoved. Earlier i used to get 40 to 60Kbps most of the time but now i get 80Kbps most of the time and some times get 120 to 140Kbps. I have tested these speeds in JP nagar and hosur road area.I have heard many times that Docomo is best for Edge but also heard that their Edge speeds dropped after they launched 3G services.

anubhav11

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 29, 2010
kullu
At my place vodafone is providing speeds around 50-70kbps on rs.58 2gb plan and idea providing 100-110kbps on rs.60 2.5gb plan

anubhav11

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 29, 2010
kullu
In idea each time i disconnect my net i immediately get sms regarding remaining balance,used mb and time,validity.In vodafone too i get sms only about used data and validity but no remaining data bal. Is shown and the frequency of sms alert is very less as i get sms once or twice a day but sometimes it comes after 2-3 daysSent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

devx101

Senior
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
I stay in Bangalore and after recent hike in Airtel's Edge tariff, speeds have imporoved. Earlier i used to get 40 to 60Kbps most of the time but now i get 80Kbps most of the time and some times get 120 to 140Kbps. I have tested these speeds in JP nagar and hosur road area.

I have heard many times that Docomo is best for Edge but also heard that their Edge speeds dropped after they launched 3G services.

Airtel is the best:yahoo:....Tata docomo the worst,:argue: the network shows extreme latencies and speeds are pathetic(and i think the reason behind this is their super cheap:Flush: plans)