Anyone having problems with the Calcutta 3g circle with rooming?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shawn Pen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,151

Shawn Pen

ISP
3G BSNL Modem
I am in search of some information. I got the 3g 1499 unlimited using the Mircomax Modem in Bhubanesswar, it worked great for a month, except for in Darjeeling but did work in Gangtok Sikkim. I did a recharge of 1499 and topped up the main account. But now I am in Varanasi and will be for the next three months. The 3g get a full single and connects but no speed, none. Yet, there are a few websites of India that pull up such as Cleartrip, and Dominoes.inThe 2g works but very slow. Just wondering if anyone else has problems in the calcutta area, and if you are rooming does the 3g network work correctly. I might just need to buy a new sim in here in Varanasi.Any ideas? Thanks

I was able to use my 3G SIM from Hyderabad in Calcutta for the past few weeks. (UMG1831 modem)The max speed I got was 2.5Mbps and average was around300 to 900kbps

Now it is working, I am topping out around 700bps but it is the evening and the speeds are always slower than the morning. So looks like they fixed it.

So this morning the 3g is not working again. I could get another sim for the Varanasi circle but I just recharged my current sim.Anybody else having problems with the 3g calcutta circle?