Tata Photon Plus Dislikes (Bad Experiences)

• Thread starter Thread starter chinna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 68,765
Status
Not open for further replies.
sharing my experience with photon+ cc. ! called cc .. to change my tariff plan from 650/- 1GB to 750/- 3gband the CC person tok 15-18 mints for that !!!!!! and because of it i missed my important work too .. ! what a worse experience ! :confuse: :confuse::confuse:

Dear Mr.Rahul

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We are thankful to you for your valuable feedback. We request you to kindly provide us your Tata Indicom connection details which will assist us in investigating the issue and taking necessary action.

We appreciate your valuable subscription with Tata Indicom and it has always been our constant endeavor to serve you better.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata Indicom.

yes this was really a bad experience... from photon plus CC .. which provided me the best CC support before.. hope i get the best support from CC again .. thank you for your prompt reply... looking forward to much better services from photon plus.. 🙂

Here's the latest in the case:-

Its been 20 days since the Tata people found out that device was faulty and nothing has been done 🙁

Every second day they call to ask about the same network problem like which area, from how long and I would repeat the same story to all of their customer care people and then one fine day after 8-9 days they close it to escape the penalty they have to give to the customer because of non-resolution.

In regard to the poor connectivity issue I logged a complain for bill correction. And here is the response:-
My statement:- Because of connectivity issue I was not even able to use 20% of the allotted bandwidth. Please arrange for reimbursements.
Tata People:- We will provide only 50% as reimbursements. Talk to Nodal officer for more.
My Statement: Ok. Will talk to Nodal officer.
Nodal Officer's Statement:- Tata Photon's network team has told us and given only 45% as the reimbursement amount.
My Statement:- :O WTF. If the decision was to come from Network team why was Nodal officer involved? He never even listened to my grievances and took decision what Network team told :O :O
Why will I pay for the frustration which Tata photon has given me with its very very poor network, eating all of my time atleast on alternate days, and above all what is the formula which says that pay back 50% ONLY if customer has not been able to use even 20% of allotted bandwidth?

I might seem as crying a lot but believe me these people do exactly the same thing and make customers cry for Tata's wrong doings. As per Tata Photon's customer care any Billing related complain needs to be resolved within 3 days otherwise company pays 25 Rs per day as penalty. And my complain was not even resolved after 6 days then where is the penalty. God knows. I really need a book of records to maintain their statements and then also I am sure I am gonna miss few for which they will make me bear the penalty.

You can get world worst service from Tata Photon...I am using Tata Photon Plus connection for the last 8 months..I wanted to change my plan from normal to corpoarate plan...I did all the process what Koramanagala Tata Photon people told..Instead of changing my plan they change the segmenation( Billing cycle)... see the mail below.
And also customer service is too poor...Indiranagar Tata Photon office is ultimate waste..

But they follow consistency in 1 thing.... Whenever u call customer care people they will say "service is busy"

My interaction with Tata Photon..,

-----Original Message-----
From: customer.care5@tatatel.co.in [mailto:customer.care5@tatatel.co.in]
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 1:42 PM
To: R, Senthilvel
Subject: Need to change my Tata Photon plus braodband connection plan from normal to "Corporate" connection..~~M3271859

Dear Mr. Senthilvel,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

This is with reference to your e-mail dated 21/12/2010 regarding Segmentation Change for the Tata Indicom number 9243701224.

We would like to inform you that your request has been registered and the reference number for the same is 247761617.We request you to kindly make a note of this reference number for your future correspondence and the same will be processed within 25-DEC-2010 13:35.We will revert to you shortly.

Further we would like to inform you, there are different E-Payment modes available for your convenience, Please visit our website Payment Options for more details.

For any assistance please feel free to call us at 121 for Postpaid and 12524 for Prepaid to reach to our 24x 7 Customer Care toll-free numbers from any Tata Indicom phone. We are also accessible from non Tata Indicom phones on 9243000121 for Postpaid and 9243012524 for prepaid customers.

Our Photon customers can get in touch with us on 1800-266-121(Toll free).We shall be glad to be of assistance.

For faster & better processing of your requests you can also register & manage your account at Tata Indicom.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh Babu.S
Sr. Manager | Customer Care - Karnataka | Tata Tele Services Limited
044-65558760
Tata Indicom

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 2010-12-21 16:10:15.0
To : "corpenquiry@tatatel.co.in"
Cc: "1515@tataindicom.com"
Subject: Need to change my Tata Photon plus braodband connection plan from normal to "Corporate" connection..~~M3271859
[Note: Please don't change the subject for internal tracking purpose and immediate action.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I need to change my Tata Photon plus broadband connection from Normal to "Corporate" connection.
I was told to sent a HR letter and Employee ID proof to this email id by Koramangala Tata Photon plus office.

My Tata Photon No: 9243701224
Plan : 2 GB postpaid plan ( monthly rental Rs.750 ).

I have attached my Company HR letter and company ID proof with this mail.
Please convert my account to corporate account.

Regards,
Senthilvel.R

For the last month, I have mostly been using my broadband and not Photon Plus. The very little which I have used my Photon Plus, it has been for browsing.

One fine morning, I recieved an email in which it was said I had exceed usage limit and needed to pay Rs. 3000. My connection was cut the same day.

Then, I received an email which said I needed to pay Rs. 2251

Then, a customer care guy from Photon Plus called me and said he would make a concession and charge me Rs. 1100. He also asked me to take the unlimited connection of 950 from next month and shift my plan from the 650 plan which I have. To avoid this sort of a hassle ever again, I said ok and he said he will send a person to my home the next day.

Well, the person didn't come and around a week has passed since then. I had decided to change my connection but I didn't as I thought the person will come. Today I received a bill of 2251 and it is quite ridiculous as I haven't transferred so much data!

I tried talking with customer support. What they did was send me an email saying they will look into the matter and tell me by December 5th. Why should I wait this long? I have already waited for around a week.

Who will compensate for the 7 days of connection I didn't have because of the ridiculous service provided?

My photon plus number is 9230036171 and my mobile number is 9874035252. I am hoping against hope some one from Photon Plus can resolve this.

In the mean time, please suggest an alternate. Which data card should I change to guys?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

For the Jan-Feb 2011, I have been using my within the time limit (3600MIN(peak)/5400 MIN(off Peak) Photon Plus - 950 Plan

My billing period is Jan 15 FEB 14, 2011

I Have little which I have used my Photon Plus, it has been for browsing.

I recieved an email & SMS in which it was said I had exceed usage limit and needed to pay Rs. 1287. My connection was cut the same day.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

I already faced some problem in the month of Oct-Nov 2011, There is a poor signal strength & frequent disconnection of net iin Tata photon plus.Within 10 days i registered lot of complaints nearly 20 complaints.

Now I am Facing the different issue in tata photon plus.
For the Jan-Feb 2011, I have been using my within the time limit (3600MIN(peak)/5400 MIN(off Peak) Photon Plus - 950 Plan

My billing period is Jan 15 FEB 14, 2011

I Have little which I have used my Photon Plus, it has been for browsing.

I recieved an email & SMS in which it was said I had exceed usage limit and needed to pay Rs. 1287. My connection was cut the same day.

My advise is to don't buy Tata photon plus & as well as tata products.

My dad advise to buy a BSNL USB Broadband & I IGNORE IT. But i feel why bought this tata photon plus.

I purchased tata photon plus and after one days the speed was very low and I tried to contact the customer executive but not result when I talked the executive after hours of waiting they say they cant do any thing.Speed is very low.I have similar experience in the past when I got my tata walky talky telephone bill of Rs5000 instead of monthly average of Rs600/-.And I had to submit that bill because they threatened me to sue in the court and I didn't have enough time to fight them legally or to go to consumer court so I paid that bill but the next month I removed that connection from my house.

😡Kolkata tata photon + is a big CRAP. I hv newly purchase tata photon+ (9231322049) - the speed is 200 kbps to max 400 kbps. As per their advertisement, I expected a speed of at least 1.5 mbps to 2 mbps - which is FAR AWAY and I think TATA INDICOM will never provide this speed to any of it's customer. ITS A BIG BIG SCAM !!!!! Even after signing up of nearly 96 hours, they are yet to provide me the MY ACCOUNT LOGIN PASSWORD. Thus, as a prepaid customer I cannot check my balance. This is done INTENTIONALLY BY TATA INDICOM in order to snatch the 5GB free offer which they have provided me on 14th March, 2011 when I purchased. I have made several COMPLAINTS - 1. Complaint no. 07515663372. Complaint no. PTC0751​567799 😡 Nothing has been done so far. One representative called up but all the customer care representatives are BOGUS AND USELESS. They failed to RESOLVE this simple problem. Now what can I do ? I spent Rs.1800/- for photon+ with a hope of having 1.5 - 2 mbps speed but it is giving max 400 kbps per day. As I am a profession stock market participant, I have no other alternative but to shift for AIRTEL WIRELESS which costs more but will give steady speed.

HI.

I am one of the happiest cutomer of new Tata Photon -. Thanks for tata tele service to introduce a magic usb which is Photon + for the Tata.. and a Photon - for the customer..

It is simple mathematical currency converter.. it will add funds to Tata using tata photon+ and it will subtract funcs from cutomer using tata photon -.

I am very happy to say, that I purchsed tata photon - by paying my money which i plucked from the road side banayan tree... and got the magical device..

which gives a speed of light power to my narrowband internet.. and it made me think WOW!.. (Worst Of the Waste.)

I am from Banglore.. People in Bangalore think that.. everybody pluck from money from tree. from the auto guy to the tata guy....

I am very glad that i supported this.. TATA SHIT....

So.. whoever want to get the taste of this.. can pluck the money from tree.. and enjoy... with an awesome speed of 114 kbps.

I sincerely suggest tata to change the name as TATA PHOTON -😡

Hi,
I'm a new victim who had believed the words of the ever trusted company TATA.

Personally TATA PHOTON PLUUS Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I'm writing here for those people who are opting for a new photon plus connection. Any way people who already own a connection should die with it or throw away and flush it off!!!!USB

This is what you people have to keep in mind while you plan to opt for a USB net connection. Need not be TATA photon plus for that matter.

They literally bluff you guys by communicating through all their ads stating speed upto 3.1Mbps.

But, the biggest problem is lies in the word UPTO.

All the agents want to sell off the product some who to get their margins and claim that speed is ultimate and superb and it will come upto 3.1 mbps.

But, when you call to the call center claiming that you get low speed.

The Answer what they give is "ACCORDING TO THE COMPANY NOMS THEY GIVE ASSURANCE THAT THE DOWNLOAD SPEED IS IN BETWEEN 256Kbps to 600Kbps and upload speen even less than that. so ,By that way they state that they are with the statement of UPTO 3.1Mbps."

Very Funny.

People how claim that they are getting good connectivity and speed....They might be a little bit lucky.

REMEMBER GUYS YOU MIGHT NOT BE AS LUCKY AS THOSE GUYS.

Hey i too live in Electronics City area. You absolutely right. This is such a worst device that I've ever seen. I've sent those people to take back my device. However I'm very happy with my TATA DOCOMO 3G.

I was the recent unlucky one to get a tata photon+, as i was desperate to get a connection in this area where feasibility of others like Airtel, bsnl are not available.. first of all, upto 3.1 mbps is a joke.. you might get that, if no other users are accessing the total bandwidth at one point of time.. thats why the speed varies at different points of the day..anyways, in my experience the max speed i got was 1.3 mbps, which is a rare phenomenon.. at the time of writing, im getting a 200-300 kbps a day and downloading a song at 11KB/s, just like the good old dial-up days..i dont mind chucking this connection now and switching to some other and dont mind losing the 2000 paid for the piece of shit (usb modem). customer service is awful..all they do is give you tickets with resolution time of 3 days in average..this is a big scam..PPL DONT BUY TATA PHOTON...

hey photonfan,nice comment..dont worry, you have plenty of company..i bought this piece of shit last week.. i was "guaranteed" 3.1 mbps in my area, as there are less users..i end up getting 200-300 kbps average..when i call cust service, they told me that im lucky, coz others are getting 150 kbps it seems..wat a joke!!!

Hi..If you have bought this as post paid plan, i ask you not to pay the bill.. So that you no more waste the money..

Status
Not open for further replies.